VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have few questions regarding this lcd.

1. What is it its brightness?
    2. What is its refresh rate?
    3. Can it play x.264 and mkv?
    4. Does it has IPS panel?
    5. How large files it can play and which file system it support via USB?
    6. Its has 178/178 viewing angle ot 176?
    7. Is it LCD or Plasma?
    8. What is its RGB colour depth, 8 or 10bit?
    Last edited by azfarhus; 1st Apr 2012 at 11:56.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's an LCD, click on specs and features:
    http://www.lg.com/in/tv-audio-video/lcd-tv/LG-32LK430.jsp

I have a LG LK450 and I'm happy with it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have read it but on another site it was rated as plasma thats why confused. I didnt find any difference in 430/450, do you know? are you satisfied?
    Quote Quote  
  4. The only difference I can tell is the LK430 officially supports DivX via USB, the LK450 does not, I assume the LK430 is PAL and the LK450 is NTSC.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by azfarhus View Post
    I have few questions regarding this lcd.
    3. Can it play x.264 and mkv?
    I downloaded your TV's manual ( The download link can be found under the support tab at http://www.lg.com/in/tv-audio-video/lcd-tv/LG-32LK430.jsp.) This is from page 57 of the English language version of the manual.

Supported file extensions: *.mpg/*.mpeg/*dat/*.ts/*.trp/*.tp/*.vob/*.mp4/*.mov/*.divx/*.avi/*.wmv/*.avi(motion-jpeg)/*.mp4(motion-jpeg)

Supported video formats : DivX3.11, DivX4.12, DivX5.x,DivX6, Xvid1.00, Xvid1.01, Xvid1.02,Xvid1.03, Xvid1.10 beta-1/beta-2,Mpeg-1, Mpeg-2, Mpeg-4, H.264/AVC, VC1,JPEG, Sorenson H.263

Supported Audio formats : Dolby Digital, AAC, Mpeg, MP3, LPCM, HE-AAC, ADPCM, WMA Bit rate : within 32 kbps to 320 kbps(MP3)

Supported External Subtitle formats : *.smi/*.srt/*.sub (MicroDVD,Subviewer1.0/2.0)/*.ass/*.ssa/*.txt(TMPlayer)/*.psb(PowerDivX)

Supported Internal Subtitle (DivX only): XSUB (It is the subtitle format used in DivX6 files)

According to the above, H.264/AVC is supported, but .mkv is not in the list of supported file types.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 1st Apr 2012 at 19:45.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I downloaded your TV's manual ( The download link can be found under the support tab at http://www.lg.com/in/tv-audio-video/lcd-tv/LG-32LK430.jsp.) This is from page 57 of the English language version of the manual.
    Dude, seriously, did it ever occur you that by doing that you enabling him? At some point you just have to let people be responsible for themselves and if they aren't smart enough to do their own research, then too bad for them. ALL of his questions could have been answered by him downloading the manual himself.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Dude, seriously, did it ever occur you that by doing that you enabling him? At some point you just have to let people be responsible for themselves and if they aren't smart enough to do their own research, then too bad for them. ALL of his questions could have been answered by him downloading the manual himself.
    The manual/spec sheet won't necessarily tell you what type of panel the TV has, or disclose that the IPS panel lottery controls the type of panel you will get. Yes I could have simply typed RTFM, but he may not have had access to one. It is amazing how few people know they can usually find a .pdf copy online at the manufacturer's website or where they should look for it there.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Well during 1-2 April the manual was not available to download and i was getting a maintenance note. Other wise i could have read it.

Anyway thanks everybody for your time.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!