VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I replaced a dvd player with a similar one. Connected the same way, via the 3 component cables (to the TV) and 2 audio cables (to receiver). I get audio, but I get "no signal" for image. My old player was connected the exact same way and I was getting image. Since I get the audio, it means that the player spins/works. My audio works fine. I really think the 3 components are connected fine, the old player was connected and working and nothing has been changed on my TV settings either. Does this mean that somehow the output of the new DVD player is busted?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you may need to hook it up using a composite cable to get to the setup menu to change the player output to component.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    do you mean the yellow one? that is labeled "video"? It may not be an easy task... The TV is on the wall and the component cables run inside the wall. I guess I could try. But this is a cheap DVD player, multi-region, and according to its manual the 2 video output options are CVBS and YUV. I would guess it's pre-set to CVBS, but who knows...
    Thank you for taking time to help.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried... It is already pre-set to CVBS. and actually, when connected through the red/white/yellow cables directly to the TV it works. I see a picture. It also has the option for output at P-scan. Should I try that...?
    Quote Quote  
  5. It's very common for only the composite (yellow) output to be active at factory defaults. You can temporarily move the DVD player to another TV or use another (front?) composite input on the TV to activate the component output.

Also, make sure you connected the cables correctly. Only the green one carries sync. If you don't plug green-to-green you will get that "no signal" message. It's also possible the cables were wrong in the original setup and you'll have to duplicate that incorrect setup. Try plugging each of the wires into the green output of the DVD player. See if you get a picture out of any of them.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I set that output to P-scan and now we are in business! Works with the component cables!! I am so thankful for your input and your idea. I really appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you both for your input! Problem solved thanks to you. Very appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you're welcome. and welcome to the forum!
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  9. 9/13/15: I have the same problem. A working DVD player plugged wbthevred/white/yellow is not recognized by a Vizio smart tv using input choice COMP. No other input would make sense (Rgb, hmdi). I tried 2 different sets of leads plugged directly to the tv. Ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  10. On our little Vizio the composite input (yellow RCA connector) is called AV.
    Quote Quote