VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an audio recording of several speakers. I want to create a video slideshow where a (still) image of the speaker appears when that person is speaking. So basically I need images to appear at specific parts of the audio.

I have considered using DVD slideshow GUI but that seems a little messy (as described on their web page). Is there a better free tool for the job?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Use a proper video editing app (aka NLE).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. I looked up NLE and found "Video Editors (Advanced/NLE)" at www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-editors-advanced

The following free editors are listed there but which is suitable for a what I want to do? And which are NLEs?
    AVE Visual Editor
    avisynth
    avisynth with AVSEdit
    AvsPmod (editor for avisynth)
    SynthEditor (AviSynth?)
    CineGobs Keyer
    Lightworks
    Windows Movie Maker (I tried it but it is not suitable)
    ZS4
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Those 1st 5 all revolve around AVISynth, and while I love the app, it is NOT well suited as an NLE.

Lightworks could work but I find it way too buggy.

WMM should work, even as limited as it is. Couldn't tell you about the rest.

No, what you need is: Vegas, APP, Edius (pro apps), or consumer variations of these, or things like VSP, PowerDirector, Magix, etc. IOW, they ALL cost something, but possibly not too much. I guess that depends on if you plan to continue using it for other projects.

All the slideshow type apps that are normally talked about here don't really apply in this situation because of the strict timing involved in needing to follow the audio.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks, Scott.

"Vegas, APP, Edius (pro apps), or consumer variations of these, or things like VSP, PowerDirector, Magix, etc. IOW" that's quite a list to sort through. If anyone can recommend a specific product in your list, I would really appreciate it.

The organization I'm doing this for is severely limited cash wise --- I'm involved on a voluntary basis.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    IIWY, I'd go with Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum. It's the little brother to Vegas Pro, but has >80% of the feature set. Works well as an all-around Audio+Video tool, specifically for hobbyists/prosumers who are a "one-man-show".

It's $95 USD list price but can be gotten for less (I've seen $65 recently). It's worth it...will do everything you are needing for this and other similar projects.

Scott
    Quote Quote