VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I live in Venezuela and recently I bought a Bluray LG BD550. It has been a good equipment, with an excelent audio output as well as video to an hd tv using the hdmi cable. I want to connect it to a home thater system, but it will happen in the future.
    This BluRay has a wired conection to Internet, and I have downloaded the latest firmware update from LG. So far so good.
    My problem is that the equipment comes with no installation of netCast, even when the specification said it is able to be connected to internet to see some contents, like Netflix or Youtube.
    I call LG support service, and they tell that the NetCast option is disabled for Venezuela, Argentina and Panama. Anyone in this forum knows how to install it? and where to download the NetCast?
    Thanks in advance
    Darío
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Netcast is an LG service.

It needs to be part of the firmware. LG would need to enable it through your internet connection so they would know your location.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have a BD550 (USA version) and the Netcast options where there from the start. I suspect they just don't provide those options in Venezuela. Netflix definitely won't be available in Venezuela due to licensing issues.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Starting this year, Netflix is available here in Venezuela. I don´t know why LG had disabled the netcast option in BluRays sold here. Any clue?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ah, I hadn't heard that Netflix started streaming in Venezuela recently. The BD550 is over a year old (the BD6xx models hit the shelves in spring of 2011) so it probably won't be updated to support Netflix in Venezuela. Maybe they just decided to disable all the streaming options in Venezuela? You may need to wait and buy a new model after the spring 2012 refresh.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    But I don´t want to buy a new model. I mean, I can´t buy a new one soon. This BD was bought a couple of months ago. I just want to know if someone has a LG BD550 ROM (or an update) that contains the Netcast options.
    Or if someone knows where can I download it to install the software in my bluray

Thanks again

darío
    Quote Quote  
  7. This BD was bought a couple of months ago. I just want to know if someone has a LG BD550 ROM (or an update) that contains the Netcast options.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Did you try the link I gave?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Sorry, but I haven't tried yet. Actually, I downloaded the file, and it was bigger than the update that I downloaded previously from LG Panama site. I think that I'll try it next weekend. I'll let you know how it was. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by chilenomaldito View Post
    Sorry, but I haven't tried yet. Actually, I downloaded the file, and it was bigger than the update that I downloaded previously from LG Panama site. I think that I'll try it next weekend. I'll let you know how it was. Thanks
    Funcionó???

gracias
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Chilenomaldito has not logged in here since April of last year. Probably since making post #10 above. You will probably have to send him a private message and hope he reads it.
    Quote Quote