VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I would like to broadcast a movie on veetle. However, I need to know what tools do I need to install on my mac to rip the movie first and then add my URL text on top of the movie.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aligonso View Post
    rip the movie first
    What?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was able to convert the DVD into a h264 video file using Handbrake. Now, I am wondering if there is a free tool for mac that I can use to over-post my URL on the video file (movie) as watermark.

Thanks for your prompt response
    Quote Quote  
  4. Did you make the movie?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I was able to convert the DVD into a h264 video file using Handbrake. Now, I am wondering if there is a free tool for mac that I can use to over-post my URL on the video file (movie) as watermark.

Thanks for your prompt response
    Do you own the movie? Are you the producer?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No sir, to be honest this is a workout I bought 5 years ago and I would like to share it on veetle with my URL which is a "living-healthy" website.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You should get permission from the author of the dvd before posting.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried--Phone and email, no luck--Thanks for the heads-up. I will try to use after effects to do so.

Thanks y'all for your time
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've got 2 video tapes ... 2 hours each on VHS tape from the Caesar Chaves March from Delano to Sacramento Capitol that took place in 1994 and I am the one holding the video camera and been thinking about putting them on the market ... and putting a watermark on them sounds like a good idea ... one of the tapes has Martin Sheen on them ... he joined the march.

He he he ... when about 7 people came up to him ... I was saying fairly loud too him ... Mr President ... Mr President ... he did look up at me. With a smile ... I even have a Polaroid picture of me posing together with him ... with our arms over each shoulder ... aww geez ... those were the days.

Couple of years later ... he played the President on the TV show ... West Wing
    Last edited by lacywest; 30th Mar 2012 at 08:45. Reason: spelled Sacramento wrong
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No sir, to be honest this is a workout I bought 5 years ago and I would like to share it on veetle with my URL which is a "living-healthy" website.
    Good idea! Illegally post someone's copyrighted work on a site with YOUR URL on it! It makes the work of the authorities so much easier in bringing you to justice!
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by lacywest View Post
    I've got 2 video tapes ... 2 hours each on VHS tape from the Caesar Chaves March from Delano to Sacramento Capitol that took place in 1994 and I am the one holding the video camera and been thinking about putting them on the market ... and putting a watermark on them sounds like a good idea ... one of the tapes has Martin Sheen on them ... he joined the march.

He he he ... when about 7 people came up to him ... I was saying fairly loud too him ... Mr President ... Mr President ... he did look up at me. With a smile ... I even have a Polaroid picture of me posing together with him ... with our arms over each shoulder ... aww geez ... those were the days.

Couple of years later ... he played the President on the TV show ... West Wing

That would be legal to post online since you produced it but you would need their permission to sell the video*. I would like to see that and since it's historical I would bet the Cesar Chavez Foundation would like a copy.

http://www.chavezfoundation.org/_page.php?code=007001000000000

* http://communications-media.lawyers.com/privacy-law/Photography-or-Video-Taping-Consent.html
    Last edited by MOVIEGEEK; 30th Mar 2012 at 11:29.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK View Post
    I would like to see that
    Words fail me that ANYBODY would want to see 4 hours of that.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by MOVIEGEEK View Post
    I would like to see that
    Words fail me that ANYBODY would want to see 4 hours of that.

I didn't say I would watch the whole thing.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Install Avisynth then write simple script with overlay, instead of blend use multiply - all examples are provided in help for avisynth (i mean: create blank clip, put some URL on it with help of subtitle command then create mask based on color value, convert mask to apha and overlay blank clip with alpha mask with multiply over video).

Sorry that i can't provide You useful script but I'm in the middle of trip - sorry.
    Quote Quote