VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been using the IP for awhile now. No issues with it really but a friend was discussing to me about the Aver H727 so on this very forum I found this thread documenting how much better the Aver is.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/331541-Intensity-Pro-vs-AverTV-HD-%28Suggestions-on...what-to-do-%29

I am considering changing capture card based on this. Are these findings shown above still true? (Maybe later Intensity drivers fixed something?)

Actually I may aswell ask another question that has been bothering me that the Aver solves to. If you look at the two screenshots this person posted above you will notice little white lines at the top on the Intensity Pro that are not apparent on the Aver. I also get this on my card and noticed other people get them too. Is there a way to fix this? I do know if you deinterlace the captured file on playback it disappears but the fact it is there in the first place makes me think that the Intensity is doing something it shouldn't. No other card I know does this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avermedia support is far better ... and in that post link ... one should never test two devices concurrently installed on the same system as it can contribute to issues which invalidate both test and theory.

They should have posted relevant spec details of the system used for the test ... almost all reviews have this at the very top ... without it one has to question if the problems described are not also somehow related or contributed by system hardware and drivers.

If you read that link you will see my point were the op used the aver device in another system and frame drop problem was negligible

The major benefit when it comes to avermedia hardware is it's not restricted to the software it comes with ... giving you a far better choice as for capture and editing software.

All four avermedia devices I own still work flawless.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the reply. Yeah that is the main question I guess. I just don't wanna have to fork out for a different card and a good splitter so I can play on my TV if the cards are more or less identical.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by gameinn View Post
    If you look at the two screenshots this person posted above you will notice little white lines at the top on the Intensity Pro that are not apparent on the Aver. I also get this on my card and noticed other people get them too. Is there a way to fix this? I do know if you deinterlace the captured file on playback it disappears but the fact it is there in the first place makes me think that the Intensity is doing something it shouldn't. No other card I know does this.
    It's because the BMIP captures SD at 720x486. Just crop 6 lines off the top, or 4 off the top and 2 off the bottom, etc.

I wouldn't recommend the AVer card for analogue capture, then again I've also read the BMIP isn't anything special for that.
    Quote Quote