VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I need to find a easy way to project subtitles under a big projection screen. I will use 2 projectors - one for the video and one for the subtitles.
    The complicated thing is to sync the two. Is there a way to do this?

If not I would be ok with a program that will show just the subtiles on the projection and has controls when to switch to the next line of subtitles. I could prepare the subtitles in a txt file and manually sync them durring the projection. Is there a software that does this?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitles workshop is for syncing subtitles in the film and playing them together, but here I will have two laptops, one will play the film, that will probably have a burned in subtitle and the other laptop will play another subtitle (in a different language). The laptop that plays the subtitles should be able to project the two lines of dialog on a black screen at the top of the screen. If you position the subtitles projection under the film projection, it will look like another set of subtitles under the film. This is what i want.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Just found this program, it may work for you.

http://justsubsplayer.codeplex.com/releases/view/51264
    Quote Quote  
  4. I would think there would be a software player that could handle this with only one PC.

You want to play a movie and put subtitles immediately below the frame or in a separate window.. I know I could do this with my old ATI player. Fullscreen and then project the whole desktop. Subtitles automatically synched, if timestamps correct.
    Quote Quote