VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Would sincerely appreciate any assistance you can provide.

I'm trying to produce a 5 minute sports highlight video. It will be a mix of clips shot on my HDC-SD10 camcorder and clips pulled from a 1.5 hour game video on DVD. I am running Corel VideoStudio Pro X4.

Immediate challenge is importing clips from the game video on DVD. I don't want to download the entire game from the DVD just to pull 5 five-second clips. Unfortunately, entire game is one "chapter" on the DVD, so I can't just import a particular chapter. I've looked through the Corel manual, but can't find anything. How can I pull short clips from one long file?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If the DVD isn't encrypted you can use a program like Mpg2Cut2 to read the VOB files, mark clips, and save them to the hard drive. The program only cuts on key frames so it's not frame accurate. You can worry about that later in the editor.
    Quote Quote  
  3. DVD Shrink in re-author mode will also let you grab sections of the video. If the video is all one title, just drag the title from the right pane to the left pane multiple times, then use the button for selecting start and end frames to keep just a small section of the title each time. If the discs aren't copy protected you should be able to open the disc directly with DVD Shrink. When you use DVD Shrink's backup funtion, saving the backup to your hard drive, each section of video should be saved as an individual vob file.
    Quote Quote