VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM

As you can see, there's a weird video glitch down the left side of the video, constant throughout. Playing in Media Player Classic Home Cinema with the CCCP codec pack installed. I only get the effect on these videos.

Video: 712x478 - 4:3, 23.976fps, h264 VFR
    (1261 - 2309 kBit/s)
    Last edited by Cyan; 26th Mar 2012 at 18:51.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Can't see your attachements. Encode with mod16 frame sizes. At least mod8.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What web browser are you using when you attach the files? Something is wrong with vbulletin...
    Last edited by Baldrick; 26th Mar 2012 at 11:23.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How DO YOU UPLOAD FILES? I can't find the bug...annoying. .

I'm not alone, https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/394581-Attachments-show-as-links
    Last edited by Baldrick; 26th Mar 2012 at 11:33.
    Quote Quote  
  5. When editing a post use the image icon above the edit box. It will insert an image at the current cursor location.

For video files use the Upload button below the edit box.

Click image for larger version

Name:	upload.png
Views:	349
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	11605
    Last edited by jagabo; 26th Mar 2012 at 12:14.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The file is uploaded but with wrong permissions. Only admins can see it. I will find the bug!! But now I'm going to watch ice hockey....
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Gosh, second time in two days images have screwed up on forums for me. Should be better now (hopefully).
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The video has been encoded with the wrong parameters and was botched by who ever did it,only way to get rid of the edge pattern is to re-encode but you if you are going to watch it on a tv then the edge will be hidden due to overscan.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Try using a different h.264 decoder. Some can handle unusual frame sizes better than others.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Are you sure the original video doesn't look exactly the same? It appears to me to simply be something which ideally should have been cropped when encoding. Judging from the video dimensions it was cropped, but it would appear not to have been cropped enough on the left hand side.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, I figured it out. The video is actually supposed to be Anamorphic 720*480. I can fix this by doing a resize & aspect ratio change in ffdshow... but obviously that's not a good fix, since it'll start doing it for all my videos...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Just remux the video and set the aspect ratio flag. Most players will respect that.
    Quote Quote