VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What's your favorite Batman movie?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Mine would be the 1989 version.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nolans.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Nolans.
    Both or begins or dark knight?

For me I'm not sure. I pretty much like them all to a certain degree. I know I've mentioned I INITIALLY didn't like the darker tones of the Nolan movies. However I have come to appreciate them as good action flicks and good batman movies. I will be seeing Rises when it comes out.

I guess I don't have a favorite that I can pinpoint. I have them all on dvd except for returns and forever - I do have Batman and Robin but I think I bought it used for cheap (the Clooney one).

I would definitely have to say the first Tim Burton movie with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson is the best of the "pre" Nolan movies.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The 1943 version, of course.

Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AlanHK View Post
    The 1943 version, of course.

That was a serial film,not a movie.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WHAM! POW! BIFF!

Adam West!

What better than the Mayor of Quahaug!
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    That seems a fine distinction to make.
    In any case, it was later edited into a single feature, as was its sequel, Batman and Robin (1949), that's how I saw it.

Batman was first released in theaters on July 16, 1943. In 1965, the serial was re-released in theaters as An Evening with Batman and Robin, in one complete marathon showing. This re-release was successful enough that it inspired the creation of the 1960s television series Batman, starring Adam West and Burt Ward.
    Last edited by AlanHK; 26th Mar 2012 at 00:12.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My oldest boy was a Batman fanatic from about age 3 in 1973 from watching reruns. In approximately 1975 the local Buick dealer had a deal where Batman and Robin would be there for fans to visit with. Batman didn't make it. Robin(?) showed up about an hour late. So drunk he could hardly stumble over to a chair and fall into it. Hadn't shaved for many days, hadn't bathed for many weeks. Although only about 30, he appeared to be in his 50's and his suit looked like a grubby, dirty, stained old pair of long johns with a ratty cape. He mumbled at the kids a little and handed out some pictures, but was too drunk to sign them. My 5 y/o was speechless. All the way home he sat over on the passenger side of the car and would look at me and open his mouth like he was going to say something and then just shut it and look out the windshield, over and over again.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Batman 1966 speaks to me from the dreams of my childhood and I can easily watch and enjoy, but The Dark Knight I can turn on any time, any where and always make time to watch it! I am hoping the 3rd Nolan movie works at least nearly as well.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Batman Leaves
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Not if you know what they were back in the day before any of our times.......

In any case, it was later edited into a single feature, as was its sequel, Batman and Robin (1949), that's how I saw it.
    Just because it was combined into one single "movie/video" does not make it a "movie"
    But from your statement you seem to know they were all "edited" together to make a "movie"
    As was the "sequel"

That would be like saying, they put all the 3 stooges movie/tv shorts into one long video so that is a "3 stooges movie"

I have 2 or 3 VHS tapes around somewhere of all the individual "episode's" of the serial/s from way back then.
    They did not even have any kind of a batmobile, it was just some old jalopy (stock standard car) from the time period!!
    LOL!!

I bought them for my son like 20 years ago because he was a massive batman fan!!

EDIT:
    Oh yeah, seeing as i gave Yoda crap recently, i guess i should say which movie i liked best.

I'd have to say by far the "Nolan" versions.
    From day one of the original!!!
    Dark and almost evil!!!
    He was a vigilante, for 1 reason, to seek revenge, and dish out justice for those that escaped it, on criminals, because at an early age, with his own eyes, he watched his parents killed for basically nothing!!!

The Batman movies, 1989 and early to mid 1990's were okay, but they were all to comical, far out, whacky, psychedelic...
    But they were the best at the time.
    Tim Burton, i think, did waaaay too much Acid in his day!!!
    LOL!!!
    And the other monkey directors just followed suit.....

Then again even though it is way dated, and crazy comical, and watching it today you think, i actually thought that was gerat!!!
    The old original 1966 version does hold a special place as i grew up watching the TV series watching Adam West as Batman, Burt Ward as Robin, VINCENT PRICE as Egghead!!!
    Cesar Romero as the Joker!!!
    Frank Gorshin as the Riddler!!!
    The two different Catwoman's!!!
    Burgess Meredith as the Penguin!!!
    The list goes on and on of the famous actors that played villians in the tv series....

But i like the "Nolan" vesion's MUCH better than anything previously by a long shot!!

I can't wait for the new one!!!
    Last edited by Noahtuck; 26th Mar 2012 at 21:53.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Name:  BatmanFightsDracula.jpg
Views: 1776
Size:  55.0 KB
    This is full length feature movie.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I have to pick one, "Batman Returns" is my favorite. "Batman Begins" and "The Dark Knight" are tied for second, but very close.

When I was in grade school, I watched the Batman TV series. However, the super villains in the series were a bit puzzling to me. I was reading the comic books even before the series premiered, and Batman was basically a detective in a costume with cool gadgets solving fairly pedestrian crimes in the comic book version of that day.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by filmboss80 View Post
    [Attachment 11617 - Click to enlarge]

This is full length feature movie.
    LMAO!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    When I was in grade school, I watched the Batman TV series. However, the super villains in the series were a bit puzzling to me. I was reading the comic books even before the series premiered, and Batman was basically a detective in a costume with cool gadgets solving fairly pedestrian crimes in the comic book version of that day.
    Yep, used to rush home from grade school everyday so i could watch the newest Batman TV show!!!
    That and Starblazers!!!

But that was the soft version for TV of the time, as i stated before, He was a vigilante, for 1 reason, to seek revenge, and dish out justice for those that escaped it, on criminals, because at an early age, with his own eyes, he watched his parents killed for basically nothing!!!
    To put it simply, HE WAS PISSED!!!

Oh yeah, i forgot this when i made my first post....

Click image for larger version

Name:	BatmanTVseries.jpg
Views:	2838
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	11636
    Last edited by Noahtuck; 27th Mar 2012 at 21:08.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Yep, used to rush home from grade school everyday so i could watch the newest Batman TV show!!!
    That and Starblazers!!!

But that was the soft version for TV of the time, as i stated before, He was a vigilante, for 1 reason, to seek revenge, and dish out justice for those that escaped it, on criminals, because at an early age, with his own eyes, he watched his parents killed for basically nothing!!!
    To put it simply, HE WAS PISSED!!!
    I'm talking about the 1966 TV series starring Adam West, which aired in prime time. I started reading the Batman DC comic books a couple of years before that, and there were no stories featuring the Joker, Riddler, Penguin, or Catwoman appearing in the comic books sold in the mid 1960's. Even Robin had a reduced part in the comic books, compared to what was depicted on TV.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Noahtuck View Post
    Not if you know what they were back in the day before any of our times.......
    Of course I know.
    I've seen them.
    And they are still "movies"; originally and still occasionally, shown in a cinema.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson Batman movie
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1989 Michael Keaton...no contest
    Quote Quote