VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am new to your forum and would appreciate some help with DVD shrink.

I have been using DVD shrink for many years on XP with two drives, but I now have Windows 7 and single drive.

My hope is that you can advise me how to use DVD shrink on a single drive. I open the the disk in my drive and then choose backup, but I am not sure what to do after that as previous it would list both of my drives - going from one to another.

I am sorry to ask a basic thing but I can not find a any info on this.

Thank you in advance.
    Linda

Quote Quote  
  2. My advice would be to send it to the hdd as an iso file then burn it with IngBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
  4. Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	11571

Best thing to do when you select backup is to write files to a seperate folder on the hard drive, then use imgburn to burn a dvd of that folder.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi

If I do that - would I still be able to put it on to a disk and watch on my DVD player as the original film.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes to either way you do it. My way or rbivi's way will create a dvd that is playable on a standard player.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Your both a star - thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I know its an additional step or 2, but I find that decrypting with DVDDecrypter/DVDFabHDDecrypter/AnyDVD and ripping to harddrive, as ISO then shrinking (if need be) with DVDShrink/DVDRemake to a new ISO, then burning with Imgburn, will get me the best quality with the most features, at the near exact size I desire and consistently high quality burns -every time. Have not been disappointed in years and I have a collection (legal) in the 1000s.

And it doesn't require more than 1 drive (even though I have multiples).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi Scott

Thanks for the help - I have now got my first copy all ok and all works well.

Have a good weekend
    Linda
    Quote Quote