VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there

I am wanting to encode 1 of my dvd's into mkv/mp4 format, and I'm not sure which CRF to go for, so I've done a partial encode in CRF 18 & CRF 20, and I now want to do a side by side video comparison using AvsP (I've been told this is possible)

How can I do this exactly?

Both of the files are in mp4 h264 format.

I was told to try this script below but it gives me errors (Will add in what the exact error is, I am just reproducing the script now with 2 mp4 files to bring up the error again)

a=ffvideosource("path to CRF18.mkv")
    b=ffvideosource("path to CRF20.mkv")
    interleave(a,b)
    spline36resize(converttorgb,ffsar>1?round(width*ff sar):width,ffsar<1?round(height/ffsar):height)

obviously I changed the paths to the proper paths for the 2 videos.

Hope someone is able to help please.

If you need any further info such as what version of Avisynth I have, MeGUI, Windows etc, just ask.

Many Thanks
    Sim
    Quote Quote  
  2. StackHorizontal, or StackVertical

Code:
    a=ffvideosource("PATH\CRF18.mkv")
    b=ffvideosource("PATH\CRF20.mkv")
    StackHorizontal(a,b)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I've just tried as above, and the error is:-

Script error: there is no function named "ffvideosource" (New File, line 1)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Either load ffms2.dll with LoadPlugin, or place the .dll in plugins folder to autoload
    http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, it now looks like this:-

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms2-x64.dll")
    a=ffvideosource("D:\Sample 1 Clever Anamorphic CRF18.mp4")
    b=ffvideosource("D:\Sample 1 Non Anamorphic CRF18.mp4")
    StackHorizontal(a,b)

But I am getting an error:-

LoadPlugin: unable to load "C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\ffms2-x64.dll"
    (New File, line 1)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Standard avisynth install is 32-bit
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nevermind, I tried the ffms2.dll and it works now, thanks very much!

What if I wanted to compare 2 videos which are different resolutions, ie. anamorphic & non-anamorphic.

the anamorphic came out at 720x352 and the non-anamorphic 720x360

The source of the video has mixed scenes, the source is 4:3 but this particular scene I am looking at had a large amount of black bars at the top & bottom (megui cropped it with settings of 60 both sides, if that means anything to you), does that mean the particular scene was shot in 16:9 but is appearing in 4:3 so there are black bars? Am I correct or am I way off?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. You have to resize one to fit the other, just like a media player would

The comparison isn't necessarily valid, because the method of resizing can skew the results

But are you sure those resolutions are correct? . Use mediainfo. Maybe they are just cropped or resized differently? In that case use AddBorders to pad
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    in MeGUI, I set Clever Anamorphic to "overcrop to achieve mod16" so that's why there's a difference in resolution, I think.

In terms of this 'scene' in the DVD, because there are big black borders at the top & bottom am I right in thinking it's a 16:9 widescreen, and because the dvd source is 4:3 its showing with black borders like it is?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Simcut View Post
    What if I wanted to compare 2 videos which are different resolutions
    If the widths are the same, you can use StackVertical() instead of StackHorizontal().
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
    What if I wanted to compare 2 videos which are different resolutions
    If the widths are the same, you can use StackVertical() instead of StackHorizontal().
    Good idea, will try that, thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    in MeGUI, I set Clever Anamorphic to "overcrop to achieve mod16" so that's why there's a difference in resolution, I think.

In terms of this 'scene' in the DVD, because there are big black borders at the top & bottom am I right in thinking it's a 16:9 widescreen, and because the dvd source is 4:3 its showing with black borders like it is?
    Or it WAS a 16:9 anamorphic encode, but the movie shown was originally 1.85:1 or 2.35:1, etc. (aka EVEN MORE WIDESCREEN)

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Cornucopia

If it was indeed a 16:9 anamorphic, but put on the 4:3 dvd, how should I encode it in terms of Input DAR and also should I choose clever anamorphic encoding? :O
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What is telling you the original dvd truly was 4:3? Megui?

I don't like auto features like "clever anamorphic", prefering to do my own calculations & manual settings adjustment, so i don'really run into problems like that very often. It would take some doing to track down where the problem lies.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's a scene with big black borders above & below the video, and it's part of a vob that contains other scenes, the other scenes dont have this border at all. MeGUI reports the vob source is 4:3.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there

I am wanting to encode 1 of my dvd's into mkv/mp4 format, and I'm not sure which CRF to go for, so I've done a partial encode in CRF 18 & CRF 20, and I now want to do a side by side video comparison using AvsP (I've been told this is possible)
    You can load different scripts in different tabs and then flick back and forth between them (hit ctrl-TAB). This is is a very good way to see small differences between frames, to compare blurring, etc.

You can just get one script, double click on the tab to duplicate it, then modify the new tab.
    The frames in each tab are synchronised.
    Quote Quote