VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Guys as I am a newbie and this being my first thread,
    I don't Know whether its in the Right Section,
    If not please Move the Thread

As VCD is in the Size 352*288
    I Resized it into 640*272 by changing the Spline64Resize Filter Values in AvsP
    But then My VCD Movie Resized and i saw a lot of Noise and stuff that destroys the source

Could Someone Come up with a Avisynth Script that could eradicate these and give me a Sharp and Good Quality VCD Rip
    Please Some one Do Help Me Soon
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Spline64Resize is used by HD resize.

Try BilinearResize(640,272) # Bilinear (Soft) or LanczosResize(640,272) # Lanczos (Sharp)

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\K-Lite Codec Pack\Filters\Haali\avss.dll")
    dss2("D:\street.mpg", fps=25.000).AssumeFPS(25,1)

BilinearResize(640,272) # Bilinear (Soft)
    or

LanczosResize(640,272) # Lanczos (Sharp)

Claudio
    Last edited by Cauptain; 20th Mar 2012 at 21:00.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Spline64Resize is used by HD resize.

Try BilinearResize(640,272) # Bilinear (Soft) or LanczosResize(640,272) # Lanczos (Sharp)

Claudio
    Ok Thanks For That, Could You Please Help Me On My Second Query?
    How To Sharpen and Have Good Quality After Resize?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by a6hatesme View Post
    Ok Thanks For That, Could You Please Help Me On My Second Query?
    How To Sharpen and Have Good Quality After Resize?
    Try it:

Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\LSFmod.v1.9.avsi")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\QTGMC-3.32.avsi")
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\santiag.avs")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Toon-v1.1.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\aWarpSharp2.dll")
    ConvertToYV12()
    Santiag(2,2)
    AwarpSharp2(depth=12)
    Toon(strength=0.2)
    Santiag(2,2)
    AwarpSharp2(depth=8)
    Toon(strength=0.4)
    QTGMC(inputtype=1,sharpness=0.2)
    Lanczos4Resize(640,272) # Lanczos4 (Sharp)
    Its a very slow, but great results.

Others users (jagabo, poison can help better)

PS: change paths for plugins (because I have Windows 7 64bits)

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  5. You already wrecked it by resizing it to 640x272. Did you just pull that resolution out of a hat? Try again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I agree.

352x288 is standard 4:3 DAR for PAL VCD. So either KEEP it like that, or if you have to, resize to double (704 x 576, aka standard SD for PAL DVDs).

This gives it a PAR of 54:59 and a DAR of 4:3. If you Have to have a PAR of 1:1, resize to 768 x 576.

If this material is SUPPOSED to include a letterboxed 16:9 program, you have a choice of KEEPING it at 704 x 576 and just making the PAR 1.22:1 (54:59 * 4:3), or using a 1:1 PAR and resizing to 1024 x 576.

If you HAD to crop (not necessarily the best choice), your original height should have been 216, so I don't think this has anything to do with 16:9 vs. 4:3.

Were you just trying to remove a few glitchy lines? If so, better to overlay black than crop.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    640*272 is the typical size of 700MB downloaded movie "backups", being 2.35 aspect ratio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That may be, but VCDs are 4:3 352x240 (NTSC) or 352x288 (PAL), with non-square PAR, ONLY.
    If these are backups of 640x272s that are resized down to VCD and then resized AGAIN back up to 640x272, that makes NO sense, quality-wise nor space efficiency-wise.

The OP did say "VCD", and that carries with it certain constraints. If this isn't totally the case and these really aren't VCDs, maybe the thread should be named something else.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    That may be, but VCDs are 4:3 352x240 (NTSC) or 352x288 (PAL), with non-square PAR, ONLY.
    If these are backups of 640x272s that are resized down to VCD and then resized AGAIN back up to 640x272, that makes NO sense, quality-wise nor space efficiency-wise.

The OP did say "VCD", and that carries with it certain constraints. If this isn't totally the case and these really aren't VCDs, maybe the thread should be named something else.

Scott
    yes I understand what you're saying, but perhaps the OP wants to watch it on an AVI-playing external device
    of some kind? who knows?

The original file from which the VCD was encoded, was not necessarily 640*272 - it could have been an
    HD master for all we know. Here's one I did, just as an experiment. The source is progressive, 16*9, 720p, PAL.
    I encoded it to VCD using TMPGenc 2.5, and converted it to DIVX (640*360) in Virtualdub.
    It's much degraded, but still watchable.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Seriously ?!?!?!

Originally Posted by a6hatesme View Post
    As VCD is in the Size 352*288
    I Resized it into 640*272 by changing the Spline64Resize Filter Values in AvsP
    But then My VCD Movie Resized and i saw a lot of Noise and stuff that destroys the source
    VCD is CRAP by any definition of today's standards!!!
    And you wonder why it turns to (more) crap and there is tons of "noise" after you tried to "resize" it, in other words trying to upscale it to a better resolution....

It does not matter WHAT the OP wants to watch it on, what format he converts to, how he wants to watch it, how he wants to convert it, the source is VCD!!!!!!!!!

There is basically NO information there as it has been compressed to death with a decades old compression method and you will never get it back no matter what you or anyone else does......

Simple and to the point honesty.
    Quote Quote  
  11. upload a sample a6hatesme
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote