VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So, I've been trying to convert mkv videos with freemake video converter to play on my itouch, but now the rendered files are always green. Whats the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try instead handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Or Vidcoder, which is a Handbrake with a simpler interface. Which I presume has an ipod touch setting like handbrake. HAven't used it.

Also, I've found the new version of handbrake buggy. I'm going to try a (hopefully) newer build later today.

Either is miles better than freemake. I uninstalled it from my older laptop and it is not getting anywhere near my newer one.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by flashcabaja64 View Post
    the rendered files are always green.
    Are you referring to playing the MKV on PC, iTouch or both?

I've just tested and converted, using Freemake VC, an MPEG2 file to MKV and the resulting file was flawless. I don't use Freemake often, but I have never had any problems with it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm converting the .mkv file on a PC. When the video finishes converting from freemake, the video is green, even on the ipod touch. Maybe its the codecs inside the .mkv file because some .mkv files, I could actually convert with no problems. It's just this particular batch of files having problems rendering.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Can you upload a short sample from the problematic batch for someone/me to convert?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    codecs messed up
    Quote Quote  
  8. Problem solved converting with Handbrake. I'm going to conclude conflicting codecs as the issue to my green screen problem. Thanks everyone for their help.
    Quote Quote