VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys,

I'm wondering how i could put in some self made animation in to my home (HD) video's

Here is what i wanted to do at first:

I have flash CS 5 and made some animation, but when i export it to an Avi of just let i t be an SWF file the file is not transparent.

Im using TmpegEnc Mastering works 5 from pegasys.
    http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tvmw5.html

The peace of software allows me to add an extra layer to my existing home made (HD) video

So if i would have an animated movie/clip then i can add that to that extra layer, so that the animation is infron of the home made (HD) movie. But if i make it in flash it isn't transparent when i want to import it in Tmpegenc mastering works 5.

Does any one have an idea how i can make my own animation (like in flash CS5) but make it transparant to implant it over an other video? What kind of software does this?

This is not for website making but for video editing and Blue-ray/DVD authoring .

Thanks guys.
    Hope i'll have an awnser soon
    Quote Quote  
  2. Deleting. Sorry.
    Last edited by swalih; 8th Aug 2014 at 07:05.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Not used it but most editors have an Alpha Channel. Suppose you had a slide which was pure black but with red subtitles on.
    If you tried to overlay this then all you would see is the slide, right? Black and red letters.
    By selecting black in your alpha channel setting you can tell the editor to set this as a transparent color.

In the movies it's called 'green screen'. It has to be just one color, no gradients etc., or it wont work.

Once the editor accepts that, from now on, black=transparent then you can float the slide (and your red titles) anywhere over the underlying image. It's a just question of 'if' you can use flash clips in the alpha channel. Gif animations may be more acceptable.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    @ swalih: i'd rather keep the original movie editor program i have. Tmpegenc. But i need an other program to make the animation and then in insert it to Tmpegenc. Tmpegenc excepts all types of format.

@ transporterfan: alpha channel might be what i'm looking for, but then again, it only excepts one color. So i can't make a multi color animation and thats just to bad. Is there an alpha channel in flash CS5?

And about the Gif animations, i think you could only make a gif animation with only 3 pieces of pictures right? then put them to gether to make one animated gif? right? if so... still the animation won't go as smoothly as an flash animation would.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes it only accepts one color channel...but that's the background you play your animation on!
    Everything else, every other color will be visible. See if you can export to Gif...that was only a suggestion.
    Your alpha may accepts avi's.

Don't include the color you pick in the animation itself or that will also become transparent.
    The transparancy is whatever colour you choose/tell your editor to be the transparency.

Ok. Create your flash animation on a white background (for example). Don't use white in your animation.
    Export to a video file (whatever your alpha channel will load in). Load your video file on a seperate timeline and instruct your editor to use this timeline with alpha settings. In the alpha settings set white=transparent...your animation will be visible on top of your other main video.

This technique is also referred to as Chroma Key.
    Last edited by transporterfan; 19th Mar 2012 at 19:36.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Okay, this can go on a lock now (for now thanks alot guys

I can still use Tmpgenc works 5 and use photoshop to create transparent PGN files (either text or figures) to import in Tmpgenc works 5.
    (i didn't see this option earlier in tmpgenc works 5, so works perfectly now, and does exacly what i wanted it to do, with some tweeking ofcourse
    An other thing is that i've just got vegas pro 11 from the net and this uses the alpha channel or a.k.a. chroma key.
    This is indeed a nice handy tool if you make your animation in a seperate program like flash to import it to vegas pro 11.
    Quote Quote