VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Help! I'm really confused. I select the conversion file type, and load the BD and it's read. Then all I see are the many individual .m2ts files (20-30 or more), BUT I see no indication as to what makes up the complete movie, or for that matter, what order the files need to be in to make up the complete movie.

Unlike other programs like DVDFab, that lists the generic titles (not specifics) but does indicate the total time of that "title", Xilisoft does not appear to go to that next step. This is especially needed if the BD has more than one version on the single disk.

A search of the BD folders doesn't seem to have readable files that describe what files make up a complete file/title.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hope you didn't pay for it yet.

The only decent Blu-Ray decrypters/rippers are in the tool section here: AnyDVDHD, DVDFab, DVDFabPasskey. That's it. Fab has a freeware version as well that doesn't get updated at the same time as the pay version, but so long as you aren't in a hurry to backup a new release, it should do.

I'd be surprised if anyone here can help you with that software.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, and no I didn't take that step. It seems that they forgot that minor detail. Too bad, because it seems complete in other areas. I also have a problem with DVDFab, but I'll post that separately.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I have a problem with Xilisoft blu ray ripper that I have just installed. When charging the blu ray in the drive, the programm doesn't work and the BR disk does not recognize. I can read a blu ray without problem with the program Ciberlink Power DVD 10.
    What's the problem ??
    Here a description of my computer: Windows XP pro SP3 Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 2,40 GHz 3,2 GB Ram Nvidia GeForce 9600GT.
    Can you me help?
    Many thanks from Belgium.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    fritzi93 said:
    The only decent Blu-Ray decrypters/rippers are in the tool section here: AnyDVDHD, DVDFab, DVDFabPasskey. That's it.

Do you see Xilisoft in that list? Because I don't. I agree with what he said.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well for me, I've given up on Xilisoft. Never could get it to work right (or at all). My default BR/DVD ripper is DVDFab. What works best for me, is if the disk is DTS audio, I use the "m2ts.dts.passthrough" profile. If its AC3/PCM, I use "m2ts.ac3.high_quality". I also try to limit the bitrate to about 4500 kbps, due to my streaming limitations to my PS3 using Mezzmo. If need be, I'll use VidCoder to downsize the video to 720p.
    Quote Quote  
  7. as i know, xilisoft recently updated their software, but i did not tried. As I found Elycshttp://www.elycs.com is free, so i use it
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, my default BR/DVD ripper is still DVDFab. For conversion though, I use Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 7.7.1, which does a better job than DVDFab. It works fine for me when I need to convert a video to AVI-Xvid (the only native PS3 format that's compatible with streaming HD videos). It's also real handy if I need to add (hard burn) subtitles, especially if I want a different font, etc., something that DVDFab seriously lacks. However, I'm always looking for alternative rippers.

However, I did not install it yet, as I've found very little about this program, and a Google search talks about a potential Trojan virus. I don't need another ripper, so I'll probably bypass this one.
    Last edited by billw6560; 4th Sep 2013 at 17:53. Reason: More research.
    Quote Quote  
  9. i emailed elycs' author, try again. if you want^_^
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by WishMe View Post
    i emailed elycs' author, try again. if you want^_^
    Please don't dig up OLDer threads and "spam" elycs.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yea, in hindsight, I did a little post "posting" searching, and saw Mr. (or Ms.) "WishMe's" postings for this "software" in several other areas. I should have suspected this being he (or she) is a new member.
    Quote Quote