VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I have a TV Show season in my hard drive wasting a good part of my partition space. I'd like to burn it in a DVD 5 but with 5.73 GB, I can't.

Who encoded the AVI files, made some episodes more than 330 MB and others with 175 MB.

The bigger episodes were encoded with more than 2.000 kbps (Video) while the smaller, with 1.100. To watch in PC there are no visible difference.

Is there a easy and fast way to reduce the file size of the videos? If you need more informations, let me know.

P.S.: I'd like to avoid those super-mega-master-deluxe-all-in-one video converters :P
    URGENT is everything someone INCOMPETENT did not ON TIME and want you KILL yourself to do in RECORD time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guess you still want avi? You can then try avirecomp or autogk. Lower the bitrate to get smaller size.

And I'm moving to our conversion section.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks man, it worked like a charm. Even I could not see an option to manually set how many kbps I would like, just by setting the final filesize was enough.

About topic realocation, I swear I would post it in Video Conversion. I didn't because I was in doubt if I'm trying to convert or edit.
    URGENT is everything someone INCOMPETENT did not ON TIME and want you KILL yourself to do in RECORD time.
    Quote Quote