VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Where I live we have approximately three or four television stations in town that you can pick up with rabbit ears. Almost all of them allow you to copy their short 2 or 3 minute news videos to your hard drive, which is very nice of them. Now that's all well and dandy but there's one local news station that is not nice. They prevent copying due to the DRM they have in place. Can anyone recommend a program that will allow you to copy a DRM layered video to your hard drive? I prefer freeware but if it's a paid version you know what they say 'Beggars can't be choosy' and that's exactly how I feel because I did an exhaustive search and I did not find anything.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Provide a direct link to such a video so the gurus here can figure it out. Sometimes you just need to enter a special URL to get the file. They can check and see if free programs are capable of getting the video or not.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i believe she referring to OTA transmission with the no copy flag enabled.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Provide a direct link to such a video so the gurus here can figure it out. Sometimes you just need to enter a special URL to get the file. They can check and see if free programs are capable of getting the video or not.
    Here's the link you requested. Not necessarily the short 2m 37s Sgt. Elizabeth Palmer video found at the link below, but any short news clip found at that site and other news sites just like it though I tried and ultimately failed to copy the Sgt. Palmer video from 10news dot com. Orbit didn't work and neither did anything else (OneClick YouTube Downloader, etc, etc) because I'm pretty sure 10news dot com uses DRM.

10news dot com: http://www.10news.com/news/30575682/detail.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Give TubeDigger a try,its not free but it worked ok here on the video link you posted
    Quote Quote  
  6. no DRM

streamtransport works (free)
    Quote Quote  
  7. TubeDigger has a 14 day free trial. It's nice to be able to try something out before you buy it, thanks fatbloke88. I haven't tried it out just yet but I did bookmark TD's website to my web browser for future reference.

Hey poisondeathray, you said "no DRM." I take that to mean that the video link I posted, the link that belongs to 10news dot com, does not use DRM. I automatically assumed that it was DRM but I guess I was wrong? If it's not DRM, would you happen to know the name of the annoying software 10news dot com used to software prevent me from copying it to my hard drive with Orbit? I haven't tried Streamtransport yet but I will try it sometime this weekend, thank you for your help.

10news dot com: http://www.10news.com/news/30575682/detail.html
    Quote Quote