Search Comp PM
    no, neither the dvd , bluray, bluray 3D have Cinavia
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It certainly acts like it has Cinavia on the U.S. BR
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How does it act like?If it has cinavia on it and you play the backup on a cinavia enabled blu-ray player then the audio will be muted and the screen will say that cinavia was detected on a backup.That isn't acting,that's being obvious.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've never encountered a Cinavia protected disk. I ripped the BR to my HD and when I try to watch it on my computer after some time the video dissapears and a message pops up saying "Copy detected or Ripper running see this websie for more info". The audio is not muted but there's no video.
    Last edited by wulf109; 14th Mar 2012 at 22:57.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That's not cinavia,never seen that message,cinavia wont show up on a computer watching the video.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. At the bottom of the page linked below is a list of BDs with Cinavia:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=t8Xb85eyNFtZ3vaNK8gqkbQ&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Dunno how accurate it is or if it's being updated regularly.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wulf109 View Post
    I've never encountered a Cinavia protected disk. I ripped the BR to my HD and when I try to watch it on my computer after some time the video dissapears and a message pops up saying "Copy detected or Ripper running see this websie for more info". The audio is not muted but there's no video.
    What is the "more info" from the website that they refer you to?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    What software are you using for playback? Have you tried Media Player Classic HomeCinema?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The site the message refers you to is just a bland message to buy a legal copy. I'm using TMT3 to playback.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm beginning to think this is some new copy protection system. I looked at the disk with BDinfo and it shows dozens of playlists all referring to the movie. They show different running times between 2h10m to 1h45m. I sorted thru them till I found one that had the correct running time,1h50m,and that had only one video stream,most have two video steams-the secondary video,I then opened it with TSmuxer. TSmuxer extracted a BR directory that plays correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    What did you use for decryption?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm beginning to think this is some new copy protection system.
    Maybe. Care to name the disc and/or studio that made it? Sony and Disney tend to be the most paranoid and are among the biggest users of bad sector copy protection systems. What you described does sound like how bad sector copy protection works.

A month or so ago I ripped a BD movie with AnyDVDHD and what I got couldn't even be played on my PC. I had to upgrade AnyDVDHD to fix the issue. You may try installing the latest version if you're not on it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Disk says "Constantin Films" "Impact Pictures" I'm ruinning latest version. Ripped again with DVDfab,same result.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's the latest Sony BD-J structural protection! LOTS of playlists. This should work - Source file name: 00437.mpls
    Angle: 1
    Duration: 1:50:32
    Chapters count: 17
    Segment count: 45
    Check this site out, http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?p=19323&sid=db10254b004cae4aac85d2bd76c521c2#p19323
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I used mpls00731 and it worked.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Now i am going to have to get this just to see what is up!!!

You are talking about the new version from 2011, correct ?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1509767/

Not sure why anyone would want that.......
    Ahem.....
    "version"
    LOL!!!

And as AnydvdHD goes....
    I have had more problems with that software, more than any other Bluray ripping software, of the 3 that are out there that are Reputable......

I am sure i am going to ruffle some feathers of die hard fanboys of Anydvd, but, all i can say is what i have experienced, and Anydvd claims to do things that it can not do, through the last many many many versions.....
    Quote Quote  
  19. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, this is weird.

I just ripped the Bluray to my HDD and have been watching it for about 13 minutes with TMT5.

I have not had the problem you described, but it has changed to a new scene then after a few seconds it goes way back and repeats a previous scene and continues.

It did this twice.

OOPS!!!!!
    LOL!!!

As i was typing this, the screen turned black and displayed this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3musketeers.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	11479

I used DVDFab V8.1.6.3.

I see they have updated for new Java protection on the last few newer versions of DVDFab so i am going to update to the latest one and see how it works.

Also TMT5 connects to the internet, so i wonder if you block it from accessing the internet if you will get that screen.
    Or if it will happen on a standalone that is not connected to the internet ?

I may burn it to a BD-RE and see what it does.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I find that if you let it play to 15mins the screen will pop up,you didn't let it play enough. There are dozens of playlists and it plays a 2h11m file by default which is probably why the jumping around. It's mixing the secondary video with the actual movie.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    No, I let it play long enough, it popped up around 14 minutes, as per my post & screenshot

And when i go to the web address it is just a black page with this written on it....

[Attachment 11480 - Click to enlarge]

Which is why i am wondering if it has to connect to the internet for the copy protection to work ?
    As it say's about playing on a pc.

The idiots could have just put that warning on the disc itself instead of making you waste time going to a website
    Last edited by Noahtuck; 17th Mar 2012 at 19:51.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    See, it happened again, the photo i posted the 2nd time, is not showing up for me.
    Quote Quote  
  23. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    ^ Do you mean the image below?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dear-customer.png
Views:	912
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	11481  

Quote Quote  
  24. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, it is not showing up for me in my post ??

I have closed firefox, restarted, refreshed, etc.

It happened before in another thread so i reposted it in a new post and then they both showed up.....
    Quote Quote  
  25. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Although it does NOT offer a solution, the following thread on this subject (it actually references this thread here on Videohelp) may be of interest:
    http://club.myce.com/f62/new-type-encryption-blu-ray-326509/

DVDFab does NOT currently have a good way to deal with the specific protection in this disc. Lucky you to have found it first. AnyDVD deals with it better, but still imperfectly. First impressions are that the problem is that it's got a ton of bogus playlists. It's something like a BD equivalent to ARCCOS rather than Cinavia. You'll have to wait for the rippers to play catch up. This film was just released this week so no offense wulf109, but this is yet another case of "If you buy a DVD/BD on the week of release you may not be able to rip it yet". Early indications are that this is not particularly devious so it should be able to dealt with soon enough.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by levick View Post
    Yeah, that was stated a few post's ago...

Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    DVDFab does NOT currently have a good way to deal with the specific protection in this disc.
    Well according to this thread....
    http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=16910&highlight=MUSKETEERS
    Latest version of DVDFab (8.1.6.6) has a new feature: StealtyClone anti-protection and it is designed to remove structural protection from discs such as Warrior, Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, The Three Musketeers.

It also handles very nicely the fake playlists; I've attached a pic from Warrior, you can see how the valid playlists are filtered from junk (in gray).
    Lucky you to have found it first.
    Not sure if he found it first, but was the first person to post here about it....

Anydvd deals with it better, but still imperfectly.
    Not sure Anydvd deals with anything "better"
    I have had more problems with Anydvd than i have ever had with DVDFab....
    Like 1000 to 1!!!

Anyway's, I am still wondering if it is more of an issue of connecting to the internet.
    I just ripped it with the newest version of DVDFab and i have blocked TMT5 from accessing the internet.
    And i am going to try ripping "movie only" and testing all 3 rips on my standalone that is NOT connected to the internet along with TMT5 with it blocked to see if i still get the same problem.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    And i know that TMT5 connecting to to internet is a problem/issue.....

I have noticed Blurays, even backups, suggesting different movies in the main menu, and it does not happen on my standalone as it is not connected to the internet.

That bluray live seem's like a way to play ad's on top of getting other content that should have been included on the bluray disc you already paid for...
    So i am sure they are going to try and use it for some type of call home copy protection, if they are not already doing so....

HELLO!!!!
    $ONY!!!!!!
    Can anyone say "rootkit" ?!?!?!
    LOL!!!
    Last edited by Noahtuck; 17th Mar 2012 at 23:09.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The bottom line is you can still make a viewable movie only backup if you sort thru the playlists,I used 00731.mpls and made a perfect copy using TSmuxer. The problem arises when you try to make a full disk backup.
    Last edited by wulf109; 17th Mar 2012 at 23:53.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The bottom line is you can still make a viewable movie only backup if you sort thru the playlists,I used 00731.mpls and made a perfect copy using TSmuxer. The problem arises when you try to make a full dick backup.
    A full "dick backup" ??

We will see.....
    Quote Quote