VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some DVDs I ripped using Handbrake's "Normal" profile that I'm trying to play on my BD630, but it just won't do it. I select the file, the screen goes dark for a second then goes right back to the file select screen without playing anything. Does anyone have a combination of encoder/settings that they KNOW will work with the BD630? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You are converting/transcoding with Handbrake. Ripping is just removing the DVD copy protection.

But anyway. Are you using the mp4 or mkv container? Try both.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    And what is this video file playing from....USB stick, external HDD, data CD, data DVD.....what?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried both MKV and M4V. The player doesn't even see .M4V files, but I manually renamed it to .MP4, it saw it then but still would not play. I'm playing from a USB stick formatted as FAT32. I've been able to play .AVI files from other sources from the same stick.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any suggestions? If I wanted to transcode the files to .AVI, what would be the recommended program?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a BD630 and it will play mp4 files,I use Vidcoder. It will not play mkv files. My Sony plays both flawlessly,but my expierence with the BD630 is it won't play mkv files. The BD630 will recognize Fat 32 and NTFS.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I transcoded one of the files using Vidcoder's normal profile, it defaulted to .mp4. The player still wouldn't play it, but it did give an error saying "cannot play this file" or the like. I made sure the player's firmware was up to date, not sure what else I can try...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Give Nero Recode a try to make mp4. Newer version gives you the option of avc codec or it's default codec.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I transcoded a file to Xvid AVI with Staxrip and that seems to work. Guess I'll stick with that.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Seems I spoke too soon, the audio is out of sync. This is becoming an incredible pain in the ass...
    Quote Quote