VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I am a bit of a newbie to sub-sync so to explain: I was a bit confused as to how to create subs for a movie split into 6 vobs on an original dvd i.e. (do you create 1 srt file for all or 6, or 1 srt for each vob - may be a dumb question but I don't know.....) To get around that I have one large vob file of a movie which has frame rate 29.97 - to this I have written my own subtitles, in one .srt file (both are in a folder with the same name) I installed latest Subtitle Workshop to test the sync and I noticed during playback that while the subs displayed by Subtitle Workshop seem to be ok, in the preview window other subs appear in small letters behind those displayed by SW, which appear to be the subtitles displaying too early. I don't understand why two sets of titles seem to be appearing. Having read Subtitle Workshop manual, I think this is because vobsub is installed. What player does SW use? I only have Windows Media Player and Media Player Classic In, Sub W I have set output FPS to 29.97...... Two subs show because vobsub is installed found a quick way of turning off second smaller subs showing behind Subtitle Workshop ones: In botton task bark there should be a green arrow which controls DirertVobSub Right click and select (put a tick next to) Hide Subtitles. That way when running Subtitle Workshop only SW's subtitles will display. If you want the subs to scroll while playing click on third button from left below the preview window - it toggles the subs shown below. Now all I have to do is figure out why audio playback is a bit jerky sometimes......a work round is to pause, wait for a bit and start playing again... Maybe something to do with audio buffering or memory.
    Last edited by bahjan; 11th Mar 2012 at 11:50.
    Quote Quote