VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there

I have vob files from a DVD I've decrypted and I opened up the vob's in DGIndex, and selected the scene that I wanted to encode, and I chose "honor pulldown flags" and I opened the .d2v output in notepad and it says 100.00% Video - so I left it as is and didn't choose Force Film.

I then opened the avisynth script creator tool in MeGUI and ran the analysis and it detected the Source Type as Film, Top Field First, TIVTC

If that's the case, do I need to go back to DGIndex and set it to "Force Film"? or do I leave the settings the Avisynth Script Creator Analysis picked up?

Really confused on what to do next, hope you guys can advise me.

Many Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Any "auto" analysis algorithm can make mistakes

Use your eyes and follow this mini guide

http://neuron2.net/faq.html#analysis
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply, but ths info isn't very straight forward in my opinion, I'm quite new to this stuff. I tried making an .avs with the info they suggested and I tried loading it in virtualdub but I get an error about MPEG2Source not found, when I've put in the correct name of the .d2v file...
    Quote Quote  
  4. MPEG2Source not found
    download dgmpgdec, put dgdecode.dll in the avisynth/plugins folder to autoload
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 9th Mar 2012 at 14:42.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, thanks, I already have DGIndex

I'll re-create the .d2v again using the latest DGIndex

I've put the DGDecode.dll in the avisynth/plugins folder as you instructed.

I've opened notepad and put the following in:-

MPEG2Source("Scene 1.d2v")
    AssumeTFF()
    SeparateFields()

I put AssumeTFF because the F5 analysis in DGIndex shows the video being Top Field First.

I then saved the script as an .avs and opened it in virtualdub by going to "run script" and it still comes up with MPEG2Source not found

Shall I try Avidemux?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Simcut View Post

Perhaps it needs the full path. eg. MPEG2Source("C:\Scene 1.d2v")
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, I'll try the full path now and see if it makes any difference

Does it matter that I am using Virtualdub 64-bit, or not?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Your info says 32-bit os. Standard avisynth install is 32-bit , so you should be using 32bit vdub

Try loading it manually

LoadPlugin("Path\dgdecode.dll")

If your .avs is in the same directory as .d2v file, you shouldn't need to specify path for MPEG2Source
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Woops, I haven't updated my profile info, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit, I'll update my profile

So, I edit the .avs script to as follows?

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\dgdecode.dll")
    MPEG2Source("Scene 1.d2v")
    AssumeTFF()
    SeparateFields()

is that right?
    Quote Quote  
  10. looks ok are you still getting same error?

did you save the .avs script after each time you edited, then reopen in vdub ?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Simcut View Post
    I have vob files from a DVD I've decrypted and I opened up the vob's in DGIndex, and selected the scene that I wanted to encode, and I chose "honor pulldown flags" and I opened the .d2v output in notepad and it says 100.00% Video - so I left it as is and didn't choose Force Film.

I then opened the avisynth script creator tool in MeGUI and ran the analysis and it detected the Source Type as Film, Top Field First, TIVTC
    I don't use MeGUI, but it's likely there's no contradiction. DGIndex tells you how it was encoded, and hard telecine (film with the telecine encoded into the video) as well as anything shot using video cameras gets encoded as interlaced 29.97fps (aka Video). MeGUI apparently is saying the ultimate source is film and it needs an IVTC to restore that progressive 23.976fps movie.

In addition to stepping through the fields looking for the telltale 323232 pattern of field repeats (assuming you made the D2V using 'Honor Pulldown Flags'), you can also open the script with no filtering at all, scroll to a place with movement, and then advance a frame at a time. If you see 3 progressive frames and 2 interlaced frames in every 5-frame cycle, it's hard telecine and a candidate for TIVTC. Such a very basic script might go something like:

LoadPlugin("C:\Path\To\DGDecode.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Path\To\TIVTC.dll")
    MPEG2Source("C:\Path\To\Movie.d2v")
    #TFM().TDecimate()

If it's hard telecine, remove the comment (the '#') and check that it's now 23.976fps and the interlacing is gone.
    Last edited by manono; 9th Mar 2012 at 16:15.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys, will try this out tomorrow and let you know, need to sleep now
    Quote Quote