VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I was referred here from a Mac forum, heard you guys were smart I currently own a base model 13 inch Macbook Pro, and i've learned that I need a 7200rpm HDD to be able to record playback in 720p in Blackmagic Media Express, but i'm having issues with streaming as well. I've been trying to stream on twitch.tv with Flash Media Encoder, but I can't stream at 720p and 59.94fps without it being choppy and audio lag. NTSC isn't an option either because A. my intensity extreme outputs it to 480i right now and B. I think theres another conflict with resolution sizes. My only option right now is to downgrade the input/output size in Flash Media Encoder to 640x360, which would be fine for now but I get a 1-2 second audio delay even at that resolution. Is it because my computer is working so hard to downgrade the video? Would the new 7200rpm HDD solve both the HD streaming and audio lag problms, or is it maybe a graphics card issue?

5400rpm HDD
    2.3ghz Dual Core (Sandy)
    4gb of ram
    stock integrated intel graphics
    Last edited by joeysarks; 7th Mar 2012 at 07:12.
    Quote Quote  
  2. No, a single 7200rpm drive isn't enough, you need at least 2 in raid-0. Difficult for a laptop, unless you have external raid storage device

uncompressed 8-bit 720p59.94 takes roughly 105MB/s which exceeds transfer rates of a typical 7200rpm HDD
    Quote Quote