VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using ShowBiz (came with it) to capture video, it's all working good except for 1 problem. Whenever I go into a game on full screen while capturing the video I get when I playback turns blue as soon as it goes full screen, windowed mode works but I really don't want to be doing that.

I can't disable hardware because I'm duplicating 2 screens (technically 1 but hauppauge colossus counts as a 2nd). However there is an option to disable hardware in ShowBiz, tried that and it didn't work. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

basic specs:

Windows 7
    i5 2500k
    8gig ram
    GTX460
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You may need to ask on a Hauppauge specific forum. As far as I know none of our experienced members care anything about game play capturing. Most don't have the Colossus. I've got it, but as I do not play games at all, I have only used it for VHS, TV and laserdisc captures. I disable hardware when I capture.

You can try updating to the latest drivers if you haven't done that already.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Tails Su View Post
    I'm using ShowBiz (came with it) to capture video, it's all working good except for 1 problem. Whenever I go into a game on full screen while capturing the video I get when I playback turns blue as soon as it goes full screen, windowed mode works but I really don't want to be doing that.

I can't disable hardware because I'm duplicating 2 screens (technically 1 but hauppauge colossus counts as a 2nd). However there is an option to disable hardware in ShowBiz, tried that and it didn't work. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

basic specs:

Windows 7
    i5 2500k
    8gig ram
    GTX460
    I take it that you are trying to both capture and play a game on the same PC, and the video output to the Colossuss is provided by cloning the screen and connecting the monitor to the video card's VGA or DVI port, and Colossus to the card's HDMI port?

If yes, and you are playing the game with the Hauppauge Colossus "monitor" set to use 1920x1080 resolution, that is likely the source of the problem. The Colossus can only record up to 1080i, and it is receiving 1080p, because that is what a 1920x1080 monitor uses. You need to change your video card's settings to reduce resolution for the Hauppauge's "monitor" to 720p (if the video card permits it).
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 6th Mar 2012 at 11:57.
    Quote Quote