VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just installed Hauppauge WINTV-FM TV Tuner/Capture card, based on good reviews here and it's very cheap. However, when I entered V-Dub's capture mode, I found V-Dub detected my capture driver as Brooktree BT 88x8 Capture Driver or something like it. It has to be the capture driver that came with Hauppauge card, but why does it have a different name? Is anyone here using Hauppauge WINTV-FM capture card? Does V-Dub also detect it as Brooktree capture driver? I played around a bit. It seems to be working, but it still makes me wonder......
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi, sorry to bounce off topic but I am interested in this capture card, I was going to buy it today but I heard bad stuff about it at last minute, no doubt in my mind I also heard amazing stuff about it, I was wondering in your personal opinion without having to think cause you have it you might as well feel free to say all positive gesters about this card but please let me know the quality and how it works for you, I bought a ATI all in wonder *thinking* it will satisfy my needs but rather the less it really got to my head that this ATI capture card was out of my range and I lost alot of money put into it, so please email me back with your results and let me know or you can reply here, thank you for understanding, and sorry I dont know the driver your looking for, ok see ya

P.S. email-- akritondss@hotmail.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Poplar
    I just installed Hauppauge WINTV-FM TV Tuner/Capture card, based on good reviews here and it's very cheap. However, when I entered V-Dub's capture mode, I found V-Dub detected my capture driver as Brooktree BT 88x8 Capture Driver or something like it. It has to be the capture driver that came with Hauppauge card, but why does it have a different name? Is anyone here using Hauppauge WINTV-FM capture card? Does V-Dub also detect it as Brooktree capture driver? I played around a bit. It seems to be working, but it still makes me wonder......
    YES, that's right, the capture driver is WIN-TV. A different name is normal and don't ask me why? Ask the manufacture. The Virtual Dub does detect it as a “Brooktree” capture driver just any DVR program would. Nothing to worry about and your capturing should be fine.
    Quote Quote