VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm completely and utterly stumped. Everything was fine, I imported .avis and .mp3s for an entire day but now all of a sudden any new mp3s and avis etc. I import won't be added to the timeline. I click and drag but they won't appear on the timeline but the whole 'input' thing is there and the .mp3/avi will get added to the sequence list at the top left but it wont appear or exist in any form on the timeline. Why has it started doing this and how can I fix it?

Also, how do I...err...WATCH my work? Theres the little box top right but thats just a preview, how do I watch the work as it would be post-development??
    Last edited by Devilsadvocate; 28th Feb 2012 at 08:29.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you accidentally lock the timeline track? (You should see a little lock icon to the left of the track.)

Are you using a full, legal version of Premiere? Or is it a demo or torrent download?

Have you not even read the basics about setting up your workspace and monitoring the project?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Devilsadvocate View Post
    I'm completely and utterly stumped. Everything was fine, I imported .avis and .mp3s for an entire day but now all of a sudden any new mp3s and avis etc. I import won't be added to the timeline. I click and drag but they won't appear on the timeline but the whole 'input' thing is there and the .mp3/avi will get added to the sequence list at the top left but it wont appear or exist in any form on the timeline. Why has it started doing this and how can I fix it?
    save your project, and try rebooting, restart premiere

Also, how do I...err...WATCH my work? Theres the little box top right but thats just a preview, how do I watch the work as it would be post-development??
    Look in the instructions/help file for program monitor, source monitor distinctions. You might want to take some basic introductory courses - have a look at lynda.com . There should be some free tutorials at adobe.tv and youtube for basic editing
    Quote Quote