VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This is the message I have started getting when trying to capture using WinDV. I have used it with the same camera, Sony HDR-HC9E for a couple of years with no problem then suddenly this happens. I can still capture using Pinnacle studio but prefer the simplicity of WinDV. I also use a Sony VX2100E and this just gives 'error' when I try connecting it for capture. Device manager does not see the camera when I connect. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you installed any new video software or CODEC packs recently?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by nic2k4 View Post
    Have you installed any new video software or CODEC packs recently?
    No, I've also done a coupls of system restores going back to when it worked correctly, no success...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try starting the tape and playing a few seconds of DVavi to make sure the cam is in the right mode. then start winDV.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the suggestion aedipuss, thought at first you had put 'make sure the cam is in the right mood' well it's not, still no response from WinDV.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try dvio
    --
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    try dvio
    Thanks again aedipuss, tried dvio, still getting the same error message. So annoying as I can capture with Pinnacle studio 12 or Nero, but not WinDV. And yes I have removed WinDV and downloaded it again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    remove the other programs one at a time. one or both(most likely nero) is loading something at startup that is controlling the firewire controller.
    --
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'll have to look at that tomorrow, but will come back to you with any results...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    remove the other programs one at a time. one or both(most likely nero) is loading something at startup that is controlling the firewire controller.
    Removed the other programs with no effect, borrowed a friends camera which my PC saw without problem. Put camera on charge for a bit and when I disconnected it I got a message on the screen, re attach power supply, this I thought was most odd, never seen it before and the camera had just been on charge for about 2 hours. Removed and replaced battery, which then displayed full charge. Connected camera to PC and it worked??? disconnected a couple of time and each time reconnection took place. Now I'm really baffled but at least for now the problem seems to have gone. Could it be that the camera needed a reboot??

Anyway thanks for your previous suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Just a follow up on this, I have now been told that a recent Vista update has caused some conflicts with some firewire/video software. It's being checked out at the moment.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I came here to find the answer but didn't - well not quite.
    I had been using WinDV for a few tapes in my Canon MV5i MC miniDV cam with no problem then came the error 'Cannot find DV output pin'
    My solution was to remove the firewire driver, reboot the PC, let Win 7 find and reload the firewire driver.
    Result no error message and WinDV working again.
    I think what corrupted the driver was loading Adobe Premier 2. I have used this with no problems in the past.
    I removed it and the firewire driver and it worked.

I couldn't use my Win 10 i7 desktop because the motherboard didn't have a spare slot for the firewire card and USB didn't work with the camera. So I had to go 'old school' and match the old camera to an old computer running old software which worked fine.
    Quote Quote