VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello to everybody.

I am looking to do with this new amazing AAC format, inside mp4 container, what I was used to perfectly do with the old mp3 in conjunction with cue sheets:

manage multi-track single file.

When "manage" I mean:

- split tracks according to the embedded tracks/chapters list of a multi-track m4a file (possibly copyng the tag to the result slitted file, as mp3 direct cut did);

- edit the tagging of a multi-track m4a file.

I can easly create a single file multi-track (or multi chapter if you prefer) with Foobar in WAV, FLAC and MP3. Also in M4A (aac) but after the creation I have no software able to lossless split single tracks to other m4a files, and no software to re-edit the embedded tag.

I wrote to the developers of Mp3tag v2.49b (wich, istead of the name, it's a very good mp4 m4a tagger also) for a feature request. We well see...

But do you already now some other solution for manage tagging and for losslessy splitting the file?

Maybe some good Mp4 video splitter and or chapters manager can be usefull?? Do you have any suggestion?

Yamb seems to be able to split but it seems can not read the m4a embedded track-list.

The same story for My MP4Box GUI.

Thank you in advance for your kind reply.

Raffaele.
    Last edited by SeaFargo; 24th Feb 2012 at 10:37. Reason: type mistakes
    Quote Quote