VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried to get as much info into the title

Basically that's it. I'm using AVCHD to convert a 1080p MP4 clip to blu-ray format and the conversion initially works fine. If I play the blu-ray disk structure in VLC, it plays fine as well - black bars on the top and bottom and the correct aspect ratio.

I then burn it to a BD-R using imgburn and when I put it in my blu-ray player and play it the picture is basically panned and scanned and looks horribly stretched. the black bars are gone !

it's really starting to frustrate me and i've wasted 3 blank bluray discs already so any help would be most welcome, thankyou.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean AVCHDCoder?

You could try bdtoavchd. And burn on a bdre.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry that would help wouldn't it - i'm using multiAVCHD
    Quote Quote  
  4. did you check the display settings on the tv or player ? maybe you have it set to pan & scan or zoom or some AR setting ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guess you know that multiavchd hasn't been updated for a long time now....so I would look for other blu-ray converters/authoring solutions.

Try also play the blu-ray on your computer with powerdvd or tmt and see how it looks like. Not just vlc.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i didn't know multiavchd hasn't been updated, no. the screen format on the BR player is "original" and the aspect ratio is set to "letter box"

tv type is 16:9

cinema conversion is "auto"

(this is a sony model..)

all of the other screen settings are set to auto
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Problem solved

In the transcode option, there's a resize and uncrop dropbox. The uncrop dropbox was always 1920x1080 but the resize box was 1920x900 (no change). I changed that to 1920x800 instead of the one with (no change) and re-transcoded it and it worked!

burnt the film to a BD-R and played it on my TV and it worked fine - aspect ratio was bang on
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVCHDCoder will do it for you automatically no matter what the original was. Set and forget. Simple to use.
    Last edited by JimmyJoeBob; 7th Mar 2012 at 13:21.
    Quote Quote