VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/335355-Converting-from-mts-to-MPEG-2-I-frame-HD-in-...=1#post2081622
    [mov @ 018355e0] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts
    to muxer in stream 0: 1 >= 1

One of the Lightworks forum users looked into it and apparently it is down to a long standing bug in FFMPEG.
    I get this same message converting a downloaded h264 video file with aac audio. I am trying to transcode it to mp4 for playback on a ps3 or xbox 360 or even a wdtv gen 1 (I have all three and as far as I know none will successfully play a flv file of any type).

In the past I was able to do this with the same type of video. That was winff 1.3 and I just upgraded to the latest winff format. I was getting 5kb files with the previous winff but not this error. I am still getting very tiny outputted files with the new winff but now I get this error.

I want to transcode not encode to save time and the quality of the file.

In the end if I have to transcode it won't be the end of the world. I was using this command in the additional option for winff:
    -vcodec copy -acodec copy

I have tried avidemux - albeit an older version - but it doesn't recognize any audio in the file. Apparently the version I'm using doesn't recognize aac (stereo aac - well possibly mono in this particular file).

Here is a screen shot of the output window for winff that I get - file name is obscured of course:

winff conversion error.jpg

If you have other programs for transcoding to mp4 that you would like to recommend or if an update to avidemux would do the trick please let me know.

FYI bat999 if you're out there that was the assistance you gave me last year with h264 flv files. I don't know why it wouldn't work now. It seems to happen regardless of the file. I'll keep trying a few different flv files though.

Thanks.

(edit I think this particular session I was trying to transcode to a wmv file with the xbox 360 profile but it was doing the same error ouputting to mp4 fullscreen for mpeg4 output)

(edit 2) I am still getting the error with other flv files. I believe the batch of files I'm working with are all h264 with aac audio. I think the highest resolution is just under dvd resolution but larger than the 640x640 shown in the attached screenshot).
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	winff conversion error.jpg
Views:	4580
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	11036  

Last edited by yoda313; 19th Feb 2012 at 12:24.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by bat999; 10th Mar 2012 at 18:24.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for posting bat999

Unfortunately I just tried the code you posted in the additional commands and I still get the same error message on multiple files.

Is there something I need to install to the winff folders? Is there a check box I need to select in winff for this addition?

Thanks again. Maybe your post might help other people in the future.

Or is this confirmed with 1.4? Is there a way I could revert to 1.3 if this works there?
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  4. as in the other thead, ffmbc works fine, rewrapping to mp4 (-vcodec copy -acodec copy), tested on this video which looks like the same name in your screenshot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2HtGAHvg8A

but it looks like you are converting to wmv or something ?

you might be able to rename the ffmbc binary to ffmpeg.exe and replace the one in winff folder if you don't want to use the command line
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by bat999; 10th Mar 2012 at 18:23.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @poisondeathray - unfortunately that program you mentioned produced the same error.

@bat999 - I wasn't able to complete the tester file. I may have a problem with my copy of ffmpeg. Maybe I should reinstall it.

I am not sure at the moment however.

I have been able to start the process properly with the fps scrolling window showing the process of the conversion process being performed. However it seems to be taking quite a long time for a 25 minute flv video that is less than a 100mb.

@poisondeathray - my actual destination is mp4 for maximum support. The wmv test was just to see if I could convert it at all.

I think what I might do know is reinstall winff again. I was able to get the process going but it seemed to take way too long for a dual core pc.

I'll try again and see what happens.

In the end since I'm not dealing with a ton of files I may just end up encoding them to xvid or divx mp4 just to get it to play on my units. They aren't that vital to me to have 100% original quality so any quality hit wouldn't be intolerable.

But I'll give it another go and I appreciate the assistance.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Maybe there is a problem with your download or your video?

I get no errors re-wrapping

Is it the same video in the link ? What is the URL ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think I definitely have a ffmpeg error. I had uninstalled winff 1.4 and reinstalled it. Then I rebooted. Upon reboot I loaded the tester file and did the acopy vcopy and set the profile to mpeg 4 fullscreen and it crashed after going through the fps process for a short while.

I think for the time being I'll simply encode it completely with another program.

Thanks again.

FYI I'm running windows vista 32bit on a dual core amd 2.7ghz pc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by bat999; 10th Mar 2012 at 18:22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @bat999 - thanks. I did just make a preset with those directions. I was then able to make a conversion of the test file. It played just fine afterwards.

However I tried a few of the flvs with the same setup and nothing worked.

It seems you might be right about the flvs being suspect.

I've decided to shelve the transcoding project for now and just go with encoding it. I have a divx mp4 preset in format factory that my xbox 360 and ps3 both like so I'm using that for the time being. So at least I'll be able to convert it.

I was able to convert some other flvs with similar specs to my psp as well. However the psp has pretty strict resolution requirements so a reencoding is almost always mandatory with any video clip so that was known going in.

Thanks bat999 and poisondeathray. I might take this up later and see if a flv header program or something like a fourcc changer might crack this nut. Or a simple demux/remux procedure might do it. I don't have so many that this would be laborious to do it manually rather than by batch.

So I do have options at least.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by bat999; 10th Mar 2012 at 18:21.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks bat999. I'll keep this in mind when I revist it later.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by bat999; 10th Mar 2012 at 18:19.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes.

I just downloaded a new video to flv with getflv version 9.0.8.4. Its a 23min video.

This particular video is flash according to gspot. Could that be my problem? (edit I used the passthru mp4 preset you provided in that other thread - thanks by the way - and I use

I'll have to double check and try some of the other flv videos and see which of my recent downloads were flash and h264. If both still have the monotonic error something else must be wrong.

----------------------

Question - for ones that are h264 per gspot would I be able to simply go into dos prompt and rename to mp4? Or do they truly have to be remuxed with a new header?

------------------------

Edit - hold the phone - I just selected MP4 fullscreen on the preset and it is converting! I'll let you know how the output works when it is done. I'll test it on my xbox 360 and ps3. If it works on either one it should work on my wdtv as well. (this is on the file I just downloaded that is flash according to gspot).

Edit 2 - ok its still processing. It is now larger than the original file. It was a 170mb file it is now over 200mb according to the processing screen.

Is the time count the point in the video its at? If so I'm only half way through it. I think it should be faster than this. I'm not sure if I did something wrong. Should it be significantly larger than the original video file? Is it really reencoding it?
    Last edited by yoda313; 9th Mar 2012 at 21:58.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I have a different issue now.

I just got the process done on the new file. It was with the passthru mp4 preset. It turned out to be 24 mb not 220mb - misread the size output.

It does play on my xbox 360 but the video is intermittent but the sound is just fine. I think it must be dropped frames because it mentioned that in the process window. It does that in mpc on the computer before I copied it to my usb stick.

So I can at least do the remux with winff on at least one of my files but it seems like the video gets messed up.

I'll try another preset and see if i have any luck.

Edit - this is weird I'm trying a video I had from the other week and I would get the monotonical message on the passthru mp4 option and just about any other video preset but the mp4 widescreen preset that comes with winff 1.4 is processing now.

This is a different video. If this works out I'll try again with the new video that I downloaded as a test early and try it again with the built in preset.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote