VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. I've been using XMedia Recode for ~month now, and everything worked fine up until yesterday. Now, whenever I go to the Filter/Preview tab I get this: https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/28I5x.png , and the program locks up until I close it. As far as I can tell, all filetypes are affected (although I only have .mp4s and .mkvs to test it).

So far I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, installing an older version of the program, and using the portable Xmedia; and nothing's work.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi BoxesofBags,

You must have done something ... btw, what is your OS?

1) Uninstall completely and Restart PC.

2) Then install version 3.0.5.6 or 3.0.7.6? If the .exe did not work ... then use their Portable version!

Post back your result for the next person!

Thanks!

G!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by gonwk View Post
    Hi BoxesofBags,

You must have done something ... btw, what is your OS?

1) Uninstall completely and Restart PC.

2) Then install version 3.0.5.6 or 3.0.7.6? If the .exe did not work ... then use their Portable version!

Post back your result for the next person!

Thanks!

G!
    Hey gonwk, I just tried your suggestion and it's still doing the same thing. And I did do something: I closed my laptop while I had Xmedia open on the Filter tab. After that was when it stopped working.

My OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks for trying though.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi BoxesOfBags,

I am no expert in this field ... but somehow ... someone always comes to my aid at VH ... so, I am going to try to help you with my limited knowledge ...

I just visited the XMedia Recode download page and I see multiple people are having luck with version 3.0.8.0 ... and their OS is same as your Win 7, x64.

FYI, my OS is Vista Home Prem., x64.

Trying installing version 3.0.8.0 .exe ... if that doesn't work ... the other thing I would try is Right-Click the XMedia-Recode shortcut and go to Properties > under Compatibilty choose Run in XP Mode ... see if that helps ... but you shouldn't have to do that ...

Q: Have you Added or Deleted any other Programs ... when this happened?

Thanks!

G!
    Quote Quote