VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I've just come across this recommended successor to KLM player..

I noticed it offers capture from device options (Preferences, hardware, capture). I use an Easycap USB device, which works (and is working now when set up by other software).

However, despite selecting it and clicking 'apply' in Potplayer, Potplayer doesn't seem to enable it (i.e. no sound), unlike the other programs I have tried.

As there seems to be no English help available (Potplayer is primarily Korean), just wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

I'm also a bit puzzled- since there are capture options, there ought to be some sort of record or 'start capture' menu somewhere.. I'm probably missing something obvious..

Thanks!
    David L
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dal987 View Post
    Hi, I've just come across this recommended successor to KLM player..

I noticed it offers capture from device options (Preferences, hardware, capture). I use an Easycap USB device, which works (and is working now when set up by other software).

However, despite selecting it and clicking 'apply' in Potplayer, Potplayer doesn't seem to enable it (i.e. no sound), unlike the other programs I have tried.

As there seems to be no English help available (Potplayer is primarily Korean), just wondered if anyone had any suggestions?

I'm also a bit puzzled- since there are capture options, there ought to be some sort of record or 'start capture' menu somewhere.. I'm probably missing something obvious..

Thanks!
    Hi dal987,

For Easycap device AMARECTV is better choice: Very configurable, Deinterlaced filter, Record using deinterlaced filter enable (best feature ever), many configs devices, full Windows XP. 7 and Vista, various codecs to record, Easy gui...Awesome software.

Look here: AmarecTV Tutorial

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Claudio.. thanks, interesting.. alas not on Vista (it says). And it doesn't run.. blank window, hangs.

I am curious about this feature of Potplayer, though - is it usable? Or is it incomplete..?

(I use Eazycap to interface with a cassette deck, running a program that filters and processes the audio appropriately, but using another to enable Eazycap. Those I've tried for this purpose (enabling it) want to use a lot of CPU for apparently doing nothing, so I have to limit them. Hence my curiosity. Mm, time to have another look at VLC in this regard...).
    David L
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dal987 View Post
    Hi Claudio.. thanks, interesting.. alas not on Vista (it says). And it doesn't run.. blank window, hangs.

I am curious about this feature of Potplayer, though - is it usable? Or is it incomplete..?

(I use Eazycap to interface with a cassette deck, running a program that filters and processes the audio appropriately, but using another to enable Eazycap. Those I've tried for this purpose (enabling it) want to use a lot of CPU for apparently doing nothing, so I have to limit them. Hence my curiosity. Mm, time to have another look at VLC in this regard...).

Strange because I try this in my Virtual Machine (Vista Ultimate SP2) and work like a charm.

Potplayer has same problem Kmplayer, the capture feature is not good. Sometimes record only audio if AC3 is selectable, hang if change rsolution or fullscreen, not respect FPSchoice...

Try VH CAPTURE to this.

Claudio

Quote Quote