VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please

Can you tell me the best way to convert a a BluRay Movie to MKV ( with size DVD9 oe else)
    What about with Blu-ray Converter Ultimate ( http://www.vso-software.fr )

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Rip with DVDFab or anyDVD and shrink with Ripbot264.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DvdFabHDdecrypter with Vidcoder or Ripbot will do the trick..for free
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As stated by others rip with DVDFadHDDecypter and convert to mkv with handbrake\vidcoder or ripbot264.
    Of the three vidcoder is the easiest to use, but it still requires you to install handbrake as it is a simplified user interface for Handbrake.
    Using Handbrake it self will open up a few more encoding options for you.

Ripbot will allow you to fully tweak your settings for better overall results, (i.e. x264 encoder settings via customizable profiles, audio encoding, and avs scripts.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a lot
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dragonkeeper View Post
    Of the three vidcoder is the easiest to use, but it still requires you to install handbrake as it is a simplified user interface for Handbrake. Using Handbrake it self will open up a few more encoding options for you.
    I have just Vidcoder installed and it works fine. Don't have Handbrake on my system at all. I believe Vidcoder is just Handbrake with some tweaking options to improve quality whereas Handbrake is just a simple click and convert basic type of deal.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Vidcoder uses Handbrakes engine (you don't need to have the latter installed). The advantage being that it contains a more robust and fuller featured GUI interface compared to the Window's version of Handbrake (whose GUI features favor the Mac build).

There's no quality tweaking involved, nor is Handbrake merely a click and convert app.
    Last edited by Meritocracy; 12th Feb 2012 at 20:55.
    What exactly is rotten in Denmark?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ever since vidcoder started using the more recent HB nightly I can't convert anything without it crashing at some point. Same thing happens with the hb nightly when I download that too. Good old official handbrake from last year still works great.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried VSO Blu-Ray Converter Ultimate after using VSO Convertxtodvd for years, And it is an excellent program, After all the reviews with BDrebuilder I decided to try that about 4 weeks ago, But I have to many problems with it, One time it works and next time it always comes up x264.exe has stopped working.
    Quote Quote