VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there! I'm new to Scenarist BD and can't seem to figure out something simple despite having the manual.

My menu is really complicated but for the purposes of this I'll keep it simple:

I have a menu with a play button and a special features button.

When the user presses play I want the film to play and then return to the main menu with the special features button highlighted.

Note that I have some nav command knowledge but no knowledge of GPRs etc...

How do I do this?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you are probably going to have to contact scenarist support or a forum there. not too many people here have the kind of cash it takes to purchase that program.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. This stuff, GPRMs and such is not only Scenarist exclusive, there is DVD Lab Pro available that works with these too. And rules are the same, Scenarist or DVD Lab Pro same DVD specs.

Those things are easy but somehow difficult to explain.
    You have to know what number button is the special feature button. Menus are designed with this on mind. Say it is number 2. So you need to highlight button #2. My guess is there is something that does it for you in Scenarist interface, if not, you do it manually and there is perhaps a lot of solution, mind you.

For example you dedicate one GPRM as a variable for setting button highlight. Say GPRM1. It always has to be number that is multiple by 1024.
    For button #1 it is 1024. For button #2 it is 2048 etc.

In menu pre command section for menu you always run this line (Scenarist has perhaps its own different naming, syntax):
    SetHL_BTN SetHighlighted Button= (mov) GPRM1

Then you make sure that GPRM1 value is always correct.
    Say, at the end of movie title, post command or even pre command, it is up to you, you put line:
    set GPRM1 = (mov) 2048
    Quote Quote