VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Which is better and easy to learn and operate amongst these softwares :

3DS Max
    Cinema 4D
    Maya

BTW's im used to after effects (If that affects this question)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by surferadi96 View Post
    Which is better and easy to learn and operate amongst these softwares :

3DS Max
    Cinema 4D
    Maya

Which is "better" is debatable, they excel in different areas - but I would say Maya and Max are more advanced and used for more high end serious production work and VFX teams.

I was in this same situation a while back (looking for real 3D package complimentary for AE) - and I chose C4D, because there is are AE import and export plugins and workflow for C4D<=>AE (you can integrate some elements more easily than the other 3D packages). It's very popular among the AE community these days because of this - and also because it's mograph module - it simplies many things that motion graphics designers want to do
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by surferadi96 View Post
    Which is better and easy to learn and operate amongst these softwares :

3DS Max
    Cinema 4D
    Maya

Which is "better" is debatable, they excel in different areas - but I would say Maya and Max are more advanced and used for more high end serious production work and VFX teams.

I was in this same situation a while back (looking for real 3D package complimentary for AE) - and I chose C4D, because there is are AE import and export plugins and workflow for C4D<=>AE (you can integrate some elements more easily than the other 3D packages). It's very popular among the AE community these days because of this - and also because it's mograph module - it simplies many things that motion graphics designers want to do
    Leaving the workflow with AE behind, have you got the idea about which among these makes modeling and animating easier ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by surferadi96 View Post

Leaving the workflow with AE behind, have you got the idea about which among these makes modeling and animating easier ?
    I have friends that use all the packages, so I experimented with them - I would say C4D is easier to start with.

For me - having free learning resources available is another big difference.

There are more free tutorials around on the internet for C4D put out by users (and many of them are 2 part series with AE integration and finish) . Of course there are many paid courses offered for all software packages, but free is nice. Blender is another free option with huge community base - Also community support. If you have problems or need help, you will find lots of helpful people around for C4D (moreso than maya and max IMO, those guys are too busy ) . It's similar to the AE community - lots of helpful people

You should look at various 3D forums as well, this question gets asked at least 10x a month.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried Aurora 3D Animation Maker? $39

Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Have you tried Aurora 3D Animation Maker? $39

The budget is not a problem here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A lot of single elements can be created easily, that can be composited into complex motion graphics. I make simple things like rotating cubes with reflections that people think I'm using an expensive program.
    Quote Quote  
  8. People who use these tools well are artists not technicians. Unless you have artist and design skills....your work will look bad. They are all pretty much similar learning curves....give and take
    Quote Quote