VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I hope someone has had this problem and can tell me what settings need to be changed. Whenever I attempt to shrink a BD movie down to 25G for burning on a single layer BD-R, the result has the colors out of alignment. This happens whether I'm using BD Rebuilder, DVD Fab, AVCHDCoder, ANY program on my computer. The result is always what you see below. Obviously some universal video setting must be wrong, but I can't figure it out. Blu Rays play just fine on the computer, so why is this happening when I re-encode? Any help is welcome and appreciated.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-00001.png
Views:	1416
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	10868  

Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try updating your codecs such as ffdshow and haali media splitter and remove any codec paks that are installed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You're right; I figured it out before you replied. Even though I was using the latest codecs, my version of BD Rebuilder said they weren't the "recommended" ones when I ran its Inspect program. I installed the ones it recommended, and am now trying another re-encode. I figured out a way to preview the output by copying the incomplete .264 file (which is currently being created) into something like tsmuxer to make a viewable .ts, and I'm seeing correct colors now.

Thanks for your answer; it confirms I'm on the right track.
    Quote Quote