VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to backup a bluray disc, according to bd rebuilder the movie 27GB. I select alternate movie only, MKV 1920x1080, intact audio and 2 pass bit rate encoding. Target size is bd-25. Encoder settings are highest (very slow) quality. But the output movie is only about 3.5 GB...space is not an issue so I'm trying to get the best quality possible. What can I do to get lossless quality? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    When you select the MKV 1920 x 1080 intact audio option, look within that pop up box, and put a check mark next to the 2 pass target size (MB) and put 23300 in the size next to it. It won't be lossless, obviously, since you are compressing from 27gb.

Highest setting is pretty much a waste of time and effort. The High encoder setting with 2 passes is plenty.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    If you don't want any compression at all, you could simply use MakeMKV. It will take the main movie and put it into an mkv file for you. It won't change the video codec though, so you might wind up with H264, VC-1 or mpeg2 inside that mkv file, depending on what you started with. And it won't fit onto a single layer blu ray, if you intend to burn it to a disk.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to backup your bluray to BD25 why select to output an MKV ?

Just backup the bluray rip to BD25.

And if you want lossless quality, you buy some BD-R DL disc's or just watch your BD rip as is from the HDD......

Maybe you should be more clear (specific) about what you are trying to accomplish, what you want your end result to be, format, etc.
    Are you wanting to watch it from your pc ? a standalone ? burn it to media ? watch it from a hard drive ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm trying to watch it from my pc, which is hooked up to my TV with the best quality possible.

What are the two one pass settings under settings -> encoder settings? When I selected alternate movie backup I plan on selecting 2 pass and specifying the size, so what would selecting either of those one pass options under encoder settings accomplish if i've already selected 2 pass?
    Quote Quote