VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by mammo1789 View Post
    Just to clarify if i open avysinth script that is doing color conversation ( full matrix for instance) in vdub and stack some vd filters in and choose full process and lagarith rgb as output ( I assume vd will not screw and do the conversation again he will accept rgb from the input avs as is and not do any conversation right? poi
    Yes, once you're in RGB, Vdub will treat it as RGB unless you tell it not to.

Also, most filters in vdub work in RGB as well
    Quote Quote  
  2. I hate Win7. My wife has a Win7 Netbook. She hates it. Her boss has a new Win7 PC at work. He hates it. Everybody I know hates it. Upgrade to XP. I did, and built my own PC from spare parts. Works.
    It has some problems but I don;t hate it

Thanks sanlyn I didn't know of smoth adjust plugin
    Quote Quote  
  3. Also, most filters in vdub work in RGB as well
    Yes i know that my question was if i open avisynth script that has color correction and color conversation in it and do further filtering in vdub and chose fullprocesing in stead of fast recompress ( which bypasses any vd filtering and color depth transformation) will listen and not do it him self again ( I guess i should leave color depth to autoselecet and output 32 bit ) right?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by mammo1789 View Post
    Also, most filters in vdub work in RGB as well
    Yes i know that my question was if i open avisynth script that has color correction and color conversation in it and do further filtering in vdub and chose fullprocesing in stead of fast recompress ( which bypasses any vd filtering and color depth transformation) will listen and not do it him self again ( I guess i should leave color depth to autoselecet and output 32 bit ) right?
    But earlier you said "full matrix for instance", so that implies you converted to RGB in the script already

If that's the case, it doesn't matter, because RGB is RGB. No other conversions will occur unless you tell it to (full processing or fast recompress will both result in RGB)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    SmoothAdjust() is a very handy plugin. More sophisticated version of ColorYUV and Tweak.

By default VirtualDub outputs uncompressed RGB.

Say, what kind of colorspace is that living room scene? The shot of the dog before it is easy enough to correct, but as soon as the dissolve into the other room begins the color and contrast go haywire. That room must have had some mixed lighting: is that a lighted lamp in the upper right corner (it looks like it). There has to have been some auto exposure going on in the camera. The plant in the right corner isn't green, it's red (what goes with the red plant?) If you correct for flesh tones, which ain't easy to do, look at what happens to the objects in the stand on the left. The small picture frame, I'm guessing, should be white. You can't get flesh tones and clean shadows and have the objects on that stand look correct. Mixed lighting is a curse. Was just wondering, because the dog shot can be made to look much better than the people shot. Correcting for both scenes is difficult because of the dissolve.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 21:08.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Say, what kind of colorspace is that living room scene? The shot of the dog before it is easy enough to correct, but as soon as the dissolve into the other room begins the color and contrast go haywire. That room must have had some mixed lighting
    That's what I sad in the earlier posts in the tread as soon as host room scene start its all waked up go figure that's why when started tread particularly about this tape problem before I got responses that its unrepairable.

This tread was started ( as you can see on the beginning) about rolling lines and bad frames (which was corrected well I think with poi sample script) for other tape and that tape didn't have so wacky colors although it had the same mud overlay sign of the tv station ( i suppose because of the bad reception of the time of recording) , but it came apparent that it will solve the same rolling lines on this tape, and by some tweaking it did a good job i think also with the idea of master and camcorder color denoise for bleeding ( i tried many chroma denoisers and others including chroma shifters but they failed ) and eventually neat video ( both vdub filters that why i needed to go to rgb) and now yours suggestion about levels and colors it starting to look like blu ray ( kidding ).

That room must have had some mixed lighting: is that a lighted lamp in the upper right corner (it looks like it)
    Yea but i don't think it is on is it?

And i am not expert of camera recording or studio expositions, but who in their right mind will have scene with yellowish reddish background light brownish floor yellow chair and the host has orangeish yellowish shirt and every wood part is light brown, finally the carpet and chair of guests white and black combination.
    I mean somebody didn't take his vitamins well

I tested the video with color tools (autor description "Main use is a vectorscope and waveform monitor. It also checks for 'hot' colors and does histograms") and there are hot colors ( whatever that means) sanlyn?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	161
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	11396
    Last edited by mammo1789; 9th Mar 2012 at 16:20.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    ColorTools marks colors as "hot' if they are outside the dislpay range you request for his histogram and vectorscope (usually RGB 16-235). But chroma can go to RGB 240 legally, and PAL goes higher (you have to specify that in ColorTools setup options). Since the designer is even more picky than his users, I wouldn't even use the hot colors option. Colors are also considered hot if they're severely oversaturated and dominate the image

The histogram, scopes, and your eyes should tell you if you're crushing or blowing out colors and detail. The ColorTools vectorscope is similar to those in high end software (Premiere Pro, AfterEffects, etc.). This is a vectorscope of that scene from video2.avi before corrections (left) and after (right).

[Attachment 11403 - Click to enlarge]

You can see on the left that yellow (which is red +green) dominates. Yellow's opposite color (blue) is so weak it barely appears in the scope. On many vectorscopes you'll also see the small squares in the center of each segment. Colors that extend beyond the inner range of small squares indicate overbrightness, particularly in terms of what is considered suitable for tv viewing.

Using various scopes is covered on a VirtualDub post-processing page at doom9, about 1/2 way down the length of the page at this link: http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/capture/postprocessing_vdub.html .
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 21:09.
    Quote Quote