VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey everybody,

Are there any hardware VHS to DVD units that can automatically create a menu for converted videos?

I'm looking at buying one, however I will be using it to convert VHS to DVD for other people (sort of like an extra service in my business.)

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are all these forums always this quiet?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    1) Weekends are down times for the forum. A lot of our regular members get on with their lives then.
    2) Yesterday was - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl
    This is why nobody in the USA cared about the forum yesterday. It's very close to being a national holiday. How do you not know about this? Are you an Aussie or a Kiwi? (Brits know about it. So do Canadians.)

What exactly does "hardware VHS to DVD units" even mean? Are you asking about DVD recorders (which will create menus) or are you talking about some kind of video capture card? You do yourself no favors when you use vague and unfamiliar terms to describe what you want.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    1) Weekends are down times for the forum. A lot of our regular members get on with their lives then.
    2) Yesterday was - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl
    This is why nobody in the USA cared about the forum yesterday. It's very close to being a national holiday. How do you not know about this? Are you an Aussie or a Kiwi? (Brits know about it. So do Canadians.)

What exactly does "hardware VHS to DVD units" even mean? Are you asking about DVD recorders (which will create menus) or are you talking about some kind of video capture card? You do yourself no favors when you use vague and unfamiliar terms to describe what you want.
    Yes I am Australian and there's no need for condescension at all.

Anyway, I'm talking about a hardware device that has both a DVD drive and a VHS slot and can record straight to DVD from the video being played (but also automatically create a menu so that the resulting DVD won't play automatically)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There are plenty of VHS Player - DVD Recorder units available....and I think you will have trouble finding one that DOESN'T create a menu on the resulting DVD that you record.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Excellent, thank you
    Quote Quote