VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a patriot box office media streamer. I have some mkv files that the sound plays but i get no video. I'm trying to convert them using any video converter Ultimate. I'm able to convert them, but for some reason the subtitles are now showing and there is no option to remove them. Is there a way to completely remove the subtitles because i have no wish to keep them at all

Thanks

Kevin
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can remove soft subtitles with mkvtoolnix / mkvmergegui. Open mkv, delete subtitle track, output as a new mkv.

It might be enough to just disable the subtitle in the mkv also(so you don't have to make new mkv), use then mkvpropedit, gui avaiable from http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=163753 .
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the fast reply. I will those suggestions and report back later
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know this is the wrong forum to post this in but i can't find a hardware support forum. I'm new to any video converter. I have a gtx 580 in my computer. I click the enable cuda button. But when i convert video i don't think its using the gpu. Checking temps with hardware monitor pro it shows my cpu's up around 75 degrees, meanwhile my gpu remains unchanged at around 45 degrees. Not sure if there is another way to check if it is actually being used.

(I'm using x264 codec)

Thanks
    Quote Quote