VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I bought a cheap Pioneer 205 BDR drive on eBay. It was advertised as kept in a customer's computer for 6 months but never used until realised it's not needed. I paid just £70 instead of £120 it cost at the moment of purchase if I bought new.

I could buy any other brand for just £70 new, but I went for Pioneer, because I've burned over 20 thousand DVD's back in old days when DVD's were popular and I know Pioneer is the best.

I was absolutely excited when my newly bought device burned me 25Gb in 10 minutes on a medium which costs less then a pound.

I was a little disappointed though when I tried a 3D blu-ray video disk which came with TV and it didn't play.

Today I became really surprised when I tried to read my first BDMV video disc burned with Nero's BDMV-video option. It does not read.

I have never had problems with the device apart from it refusing to burn another disc in a row without restarting a computer. It didn't bother me much because I rarely burn more than a disk a day. I assumed it has to do something with power supply.

There was another minor problem. When verifying disk it always reported Sector 15 as different. I assumed it as supposed to be and that it is some difference which is not in actual files, but in a layout of compilation assumed but not put on disk by Nero.

Now I start to understand there is something more than that. Probably the device was sold because it didn't play Blu-Ray video in a first place.

Any ideas? I'll try to reflash the drive and I'll come back with results.

P.S. Firmware update from 1.08 to 1.12 didn't make the Blu-Ray video to play. IsoBuster says there is a blank medium in a drive. Nero says, accessing disk and never finishes the "accessing". The medium is visibly burned.
    Last edited by kurbads; 29th Jan 2012 at 14:39.
    Cann't tell it's possible don't tell anything.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you are using windows xp you might need the udfreader to see blu-ray in UDF mode.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The system does not have trouble recognising UDF disks. I always use UDF because the movies I usually burn in mkv format are always over 2GB and sometimes up to 13GB. But I'll give it a shot.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    If you are using windows xp you might need the udfreader to see blu-ray in UDF mode.
    Hurray!! It works!!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Great!

Your other udf disks might be in ISO/UDF mixed mode.
    Quote Quote