VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,

I hope this is the right place to ask this question about my laptop and HDMI hookup though my big screen TV.....

HDMI device from the "Playback through this device" list is not showing in windows 7

Ok I have a dell laptop studio 17" I bought a couple of years ago....... It had windows vista on it originally and I updated it to windows 7. Before I updated windows I successfully hooked up my laptop to my 50" TV using HDMI....
    I got video and sound because I was able to display the audio and change output to HDMI connection.....
    Now with windows 7 I am unable to pull up the same display in the audio and do the same......There is no selection for HDMI and have to play the sound through my laptop instead of the TV.......

I have read online that there is a problem with windows 7 in playing a laptop with an HDMI cable because windows 7 does not let you select the HDMI connection as with windows vista and XP so you can hear the sound through the TV......

Can any one offer any suggestions to remedy this problem........?

Thank you in advance for you thoughts and suggestions.......
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    first i'd try updating your video driver. i believe it has to install something like nvidia high definition audio in your device manager.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote