VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm working with the program multiAVCHD. Taking a TV series and putting together my favorite episodes from my dvd collection.

First, while you can view most changes through the program like when you hit the "menu preview" button you can see what font is being used and how things are laid out. You can't view any changes to video like a chapter point picture, from the menu preview button, you have to burn first? I was going to burn and see but I had another idea. Which leads to my second question.

Second, what if I author a huge 25gig dvd in say DVD-lab Pro and import that into multiAVCHD. Is there away to get it to use that menu system or does multiAVCHD start complete from scratch?
    Don't give in to DVD2ONE, that leads to the dark side.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    multiAVCHD is now "abandonware" which means that its author has abandoned it. You can always ask how to do things in it, but if it doesn't do what you want there is nothing you can do about it.

I know that it is capable of creating a BluRay disc from DVD input, but I would say that this is not really what it was designed for. It was designed to make simple menus and produce AVCHD or BluRay output from high def sources. The DVD -> BD stuff is just extra functionality. Based on the posts I've seen here recently it seems that it may or not may not meet your needs for making a BluRay disc out of a bunch of standard def DVD sources. multiAVCHD has its own menu system and if it doesn't work for you or meet your needs, you are out of luck.
    Quote Quote  
  3. My post must not have come through properly. I didn't ask about it still being supported but thanks anyway.

Yes, If it doesn't do what I want I can't do anything about that. Thanks for letting me know.

That last part answers my question. multiAVCHD has its own menu system That answers one of my question Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Marco33 View Post
    My post must not have come through properly. I didn't ask about it still being supported but thanks anyway.
    Your post came through fine. That is a "bonus" for you. You need to know that while you can ask questions about HOW to do something in multiAVCHD, if what you want to do doesn't work the way you expect there is nothing any of us here can do about that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MultiAVCHD is good for creating simple menus for camcorder clips or pre-edited TV or movie captures. If you pre-edit your DVDs to that format, the program is useful.

First, while you can view most changes through the program like when you hit the "menu preview" button you can see what font is being used and how things are laid out. You can't view any changes to video like a chapter point picture, from the menu preview button, you have to burn first? I was going to burn and see but I had another idea. Which leads to my second question.
    There is no need to burn a disc to preview. Just make a BDMV folder and preview from hard disc. If you aren't re-encoding, this will go fast.

Second, what if I author a huge 25gig dvd in say DVD-lab Pro and import that into multiAVCHD. Is there away to get it to use that menu system or does multiAVCHD start complete from scratch?
    I don't understand your goal. If you author a "huge 25gig DVD" there is no use for multiAVCHD. Just burn it with imgburn and see how your Blu-Ray player handles this non-standard [VIDEO-TS] folder format.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by edDV View Post
    MultiAVCHD is good for creating simple menus for camcorder clips or pre-edited TV or movie captures. If you pre-edit your DVDs to that format, the program is useful.

There is no need to burn a disc to preview. Just make a BDMV folder and preview from hard disc. If you aren't re-encoding, this will go fast.

I don't understand your goal. If you author a "huge 25gig DVD" there is no use for multiAVCHD. Just burn it with imgburn and see how your Blu-Ray player handles this non-standard [VIDEO-TS] folder format.
    Thank you edDV for answering my questions. I'll give that (imgburn) a try.
    Quote Quote