VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a question, I have .m2ts file from Vegas (video: AVCHD, audio AC-3), I demux audio and converts it to mp3, then I mux original video stream and the newly converted audio stream mp3. The process takes about 60-70 seconds at hour film FullHD weighing 7 GB.
    Question:
    Does TSMuxer re-encode video stream during this process or just rewrites (100% not touching) converted video stream?

Sorry for my bad english...
    Quote Quote  
  2. tsmuxer does not have re-encoding capability
    Quote Quote  
  3. But Mediainfo says something different ( at left original file m2ts , at right after mux in TSMuxer )

I did compare of the same frame of source and output file in big magnification and I don't see any difference. Something like this but in very big magnification.

This suggests that TSMuxer is no touching video stream , but why Mediainfo show different values?
    Last edited by ramsi yousef; 25th Jan 2012 at 16:14.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You cannnot use 2 simultaneous media players to compare, only 1 can use the graphics overlay (so image will be different between the 2, even with 2 identical videos)

You chose .ts not, .m2ts . m2ts uses 192 byte packets, but .ts uses 188 byte packets . Neither affect video quality, it's only the "container" packaging

Mediainfo doesn't parse the stream - it's not accurate. It just reads the header . You need a stream analyzer like streameye or h264visa
    Quote Quote  
  5. The media players are the same.

Ok i create new file , then in m2ts , here is what Mediainfo says , at left original file , at right after muxing in TSMuxer .m2ts
    Even durations are different !

Quote Quote  
  6. Again, 2 simultaneous media players (doesn't matter if they are the same) ie. open at the same time. You have to close one, take a screenshot, close it, open another , take screenshot - because 2 applications cannot use graphics overlay at same time

Mediainfo isn't accurate - it just reads the header (it doesn't look at the whole video). Demux the elementary video and you will see they are identical in a stream analyzer

Decoded picture will be identical e.g. do PSNR calculation
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Again, 2 simultaneous media players (doesn't matter if they are the same) ie. open at the same time. You have to close one, take a screenshot, close it, open another , take screenshot - because 2 applications cannot use graphics overlay at same time

Mediainfo isn't accurate - it just reads the header (it doesn't look at the whole video). Demux the elementary video and you will see they are identical in a stream analyzer

Decoded picture will be identical e.g. do PSNR calculation
    Ok but I try this tomorrow , now I go to bed, it's near midnight in Poland . Thanks for Your help . See You tomorrow...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Yes, something is wrong with the duration

Was there an error message during the muxing ?

Does it play in sync ? Maybe you messed up the mp3 conversion ?

(The bitrates reported from mediainfo might not be accurate, but usually the duration is)

Also the fact that it took ~ 1 minute to mux, indicates that it cannot be re-encoding the video. Unless your computer is from year 2030 with 8000 cores
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Yes, something is wrong with the duration

Was there an error message during the muxing ?

Does it play in sync ? Maybe you messed up the mp3 conversion ?

(The bitrates reported from mediainfo might not be accurate, but usually the duration is)
    No, is no errors, play sync , I tray the same with AAC , but was similar differences

Also the fact that it took ~ 1 minute to mux, indicates that it cannot be re-encoding the video. Unless your computer is from year 2030 with 8000 cores
    You're right , I think about this too...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Using TSMuxer I demux video stream from source file and from output file. As can be seen , video streams are the same. Conclusions :
    - TSMuxer don't touches video stream for sure
    - You can not always believe what shows Mediainfo

Quote Quote