VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I made 3 DVDs that play on my TV. All subsequent DVD will not play on my TV. The only difference that I see is that the 3 playable DVDs have 2 extra files (VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DVDslideshowGUI software but it still does not work. I have the format set to NTSC 4.3. What did I do wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't know what you did wrong but if you'r missing both VIDEO_.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP you'r really bad off:

Once the VIDEO_TS folder is located, the DVD player makes an attempt to read the contents of the VIDEO_TS.IFO file in this folder (IFO stands for "Information"). This file contains required information and data structures to instruct the player how to play back the inserted disc. If this file is missing or it cannot be read for any reason, the DVD player makes another attempt to read the alternate file VIDEO_TS.BUP (BUP stands for "Back up"). When a DVD disc is created, authoring software creates the file VIDEO_TS.BUP as a backup copy of the VIDEO_TS.IFO. If both the VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP files cannot be read or accessed, most DVD player again displays the short error message such as "No Disc" on the screen.
    Quote Quote