VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    First of all, thanks for allowing me to be a part of this great community, I saw a lot of important information here which helped me in the past.

My question is related to video thumbnails/tile generation.
    I know there are software like "SceneGrabber" or "ImageGrabber (and ImageGrabber II), as well as VideoThumbnails Maker (or even Thumbnail Me and TMPGenc Karma).

What I've been trying to find is a little tool that could be able to generate (by default) the same kind of thumbnails that MPC/MPC-HC do (space/margins, as well as default font and position of text and timer on each thumbnail).

The thing here is that tool could "customize" any part of the product, I remember I could delete (and move to a different position) some features such as timer, video specifications, add a logo, change font type, size, etc.

I remember that this little tool shows the same options that MPC/MPC-HC do (in the same order/position), but adding those "extra" features.
    I also remember that it was frequently compared with MPC because some people wanted to have its features for MPC.

I really want to use that software again (the last time I saw that, was like 7 years ago, unfortunately I've lost its name... but I think it was at SourceForge).

I've tried to use SceneGrabber and ImageGrabber II, but both programs are showing errors (probably related to .NET Framework) even on clean installations; I also tried Thumbnail Me, but it has a leak of features, so I can't set a fixed size for thumbnails.

For now, the closest software (in features) is Video Thumbnails Maker, but I'm sure that isn't the program I'm looking for, its interface is pretty different (along with its characteristic logo).

Well... I hope you could help me with this, or suggest me another software to work with.
    Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by KaaMoS; 23rd Jan 2012 at 12:21.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can edit the title if you click edit and go advanced.

Do you a screenshot from a thumbnail it creates?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What do you mean about "Edit --> Advanced".
    Which program?

Unfortunately I haven't any example (as I told you, I lost it like 75-7 years ago), but suppose that it creates a set of frames in one image, exactly as MPC does (in fact that's its default output appearance). I also had the same options to choose columns/lines and frame width.

The difference is you had the possibility to change title's font, position, color and even background (which is white by default), you could also delete (or move) timer, which is at the bottom/right of each frame taken by default (I'm not sure if I could edit padding/margins among frames); also, I had the possibility to add more information items, such as date and a logo.

I think about this as an advanced tool, which was taken partially by MPC (or the opposite, being the advanced version of MPC's feature).
    That's why I suspect that this tool is located somewhere at SourceForge.
    Last edited by KaaMoS; 23rd Jan 2012 at 12:13.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm talking about your thread title, edit and go advanced and you can change it....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, ok, thanks!! (^_^)'
    Done!
    Quote Quote