VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Do you use a cell phone?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use one only on service calls or checking back at home.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I prefer a land line, but my sister gave me a cell phone to use for emergencies, which has hardly been used.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'ne never had a pager or a cell phone. Barely have a land line (doesn't get used much). For years and years I've had friends that think I'm strange because I don't have one. Their kids say I'm strange also
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use a cell phone instead of a regular phone. Since 1998.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You dont use a cell phone in this day and age? Thats a little weird
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't use a cell phone. I usually don't even answer the land line. I don't want to talk to anyone!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I only use a cell phone. My land line is used for VDSL. (And my cell doesn't have texting or internet access. And I don't want either. )
    Quote Quote  
  8. Do not have one. I find them to be the most annoying thing ever.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Had to have one for a number of years, for work. Damn office would always call with a trivial question when I was in the middle of something. Usually when I was pressed for time doing something complicated and important.

Now that I'm semi-retired, I can dispense with that. And as for the land line, people can leave a message. Or, preferably, email me. Wish I could eliminate the land line too. Political calls and do-gooder donation calls, not to mention poverty pimps really piss me off. Calls from university asking for donations are probably the worst, they just won't quit.

But the wife won't let me drop the land line. I'm considering cell phones for the wife and myself just for emergencies, if I could trust her to not let every damn body have the number. Oh well.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  10. In 2000 my now wife gave me a cell phone and for a year and a half I never used it, until one day she couldn't reach me and I was supposed to pick her up at the airport and was very late because I wrote down the wrong time.

I used to use the landline all the time to keep up with friends across the country but now that they all have email we seldom talk but email each other frequently. Past few years I hardly use the landline and only use the cell when I am out and have to.

I replaced the traditional landline with MagicJack Plus which fits my needs well enough.

But, I do text a lot!

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Our UK friends will point out that cell phone = a mobile.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Des View Post
    I replaced the traditional landline with MagicJack Plus which fits my needs well enough.
    We use an Ooma. One time purchase (~US$200). Free calls forever (no monthly/yearly charges) in the USA and Canada. Low rates for international. Well, as long as Ooma stays in business.
    Last edited by jagabo; 24th Jan 2012 at 00:01.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a landline@home and use a smartphone. My job requires me to be out on the road working with clients so I also have a work cell phone. I don't answer the work dell phone if it's the office calling me because it's usually something idiotic. I do check my emails on my smartphone and browse the internet when I'm bored at work. I have certain people on silent on my smartphone cause I don't wanna talk to them! Lmfao!
    Quote Quote