VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I have some MKV files that I would like to convert so that I can stream to Xbox. I would like to use avidemux and would like the end result to be:

1080p
    5.1 audio
    about 3GB for every 2 hour duration. (so a 2 hour movie would be around 3GB

What would be the best avidemux settings to use so I can accomplish the above? I don't care what container or what settings i use as long as I get the above end result. I am a total newb but really enjoy working on videos. I've tried searching these forums and either it was above my head or it wouldn't work after hours of trying.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use handbrake instead. Under the video tab can you set the output size and audio keep/copy audio.

Or try stream the mkv with ps3 media server directly.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 22nd Jan 2012 at 05:21.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick. Thanks for your reply.

I downloaded Handbreak. But it looks like the only way I can accomplish the above is to convert to WMV format. Finding MKV to WMV is pretty difficult. I tried the winenc on here. It's super slow and I was only successful once in my attempts. All the other formats for Xbox are limited to either 720p or 2 channel sound. Why support h.264 with only 2 channels makes no sense, but that's what XBox's limitations are.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know any good mkv to wmv converter that can keep 5.1 audio. If you find any let me know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by blueleo65 View Post
    Hi Baldrick. Thanks for your reply.

I downloaded Handbreak. But it looks like the only way I can accomplish the above is to convert to WMV format. Finding MKV to WMV is pretty difficult. I tried the winenc on here. It's super slow and I was only successful once in my attempts. All the other formats for Xbox are limited to either 720p or 2 channel sound. Why support h.264 with only 2 channels makes no sense, but that's what XBox's limitations are.

Try Expression Encoder 4 Service Pack 2 (SP2). Its a payware.

"Support for Windows Media Streaming MBR in a Live broadcast – You can now add multiple bitrate streams to your WM Streaming broadcast in a Live Broadcasting Project.

Support for SRS audio encoding – You can now choose to enable SRS to convert an audio stream from multiple audio channels to two SRS 5.1 surround sound channels."

Claudio
    Quote Quote