VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. With gspot i have read the codec name of a video, which is MPEG2_Video(MPEG2). In Virtualdub, I am inputting an avs script which reads an mpeg-ps(.mpg) video with filters. I want to ouse the smart rendering option to be able to save the filtered .mpg file as a compressed .avi file, but Virtualdub wont save it because the right codec is not chosen. So which codec decoder/encoder should i use to be able to use the smart rendering option(have tried ffdshow but couldnt find the right configuration)?
    Quote Quote  
  2. .avs frameserves uncompressed video, so smart rendering won't work

But even if you didn't use .avs , vdub cannot smart render mpeg2
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "Smart rendering" only works for saving a file in the same format as original, just recoding the changed parts.

You can use some MPEG editors, like MPEG-VCR, to do that with MPEG.
    If you are converting MPEG to AVI, you can't do "smart" rendering at all.
    Everything must be reencoded.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Which MPEG2 editor is identical to the .avi based Virtualdub program with these features: no crash during rendering, no audio/video sync problems, not to expensive, can work with avisynth filters, has batching features, encoded video quality loss is minimum, has a working smart rendering option, rendering time is pretty fast for a low budget/free software? Should i use MPEG-VCR for this, or do you suggest another program?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    avidemux may be close ...
    Quote Quote  
  6. I was experimenting with avidemux, but i couldnt import an .avs file into it, and it has no buildin overlay-plugin as far as i can see, is there another way to import an .avs file into avidemux?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you've got to mess with AVS proxy GUI (an AVIdemux option) and import your script from that
    Quote Quote