VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I practically create this account just to ask this question. As my username indicates! LoL! Maybe. I'll help a few members too but I'm not an expert, so, we'll see! I hope this is the right thread. I really need your help, you guys!

This bothers me a lot. I'm extremely frustrated and disappointed. I have other computer AV problems too but we'll talk about that later. Because nothing beats this!

It's about Subtitle Workshop. I love it. I have it on the other computer too but forget about that one because I'm giving it up for and to the government! It worked perfectly fine on the old one. With Vista. The current computer runs Windows 7. I thought Vista sucks but.......

I don't know about other formats but my dominant format is AVI! It won't play any. Just blank video. Some play only audio. Some makes Subtitle Workshop crash! All my vids can be played on every other single video players! I've tried downloading lots of codecs. I've tried fooling around with ffdshow settings for days. With no luck. I'm afraid if I continue doing it, all my vids won't play on any player. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything too. Tried all the suggestions from the internet and including suggestions from this forum!

Yesterday or so, I need to finish a project ASAP! I have no choice but to synchronize the subs using Subtitle Workshop for the subs and MPC to play the video. Practically, I have to do it manually almost like using a stop watch!

So, help you guys! This is very frustrating.

Every help will be deeply appreciated. Thank you and thank you again for your time!

Have a nice day
    Last edited by justforthis,maybe; 19th Jan 2012 at 03:46.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I changed the tread title so it actuallty describes your problem. You can also edit it by click on the edit-button and go advanced.

Have you tried subtitle workshop 2.52 RC from http://www.urusoft.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11889 ?

Another good subtitle editor is the new subtitle edit.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I changed the tread title so it actuallty describes your problem. You can also edit it by click on the edit-button and go advanced.

Have you tried subtitle workshop 2.52 RC from http://www.urusoft.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11889 ?

Another good subtitle editor is the new subtitle edit.
    I think, this topic is more suitable in the General Thread. Can you help me move it, Baldrick?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Moved.

And did you try subtitle workshop 2.52?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks!

And that was fast!

I've tried that version before, still the same. But, now, I think I'm gonna stick with 2.5.1. I like it a lil' bit better. Both failed though. Sad.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Moved.

And did you try subtitle workshop 2.52?
    I just realized that 2.52 is actually BETA 4.0! Anyhow, like I said before, I've tried that too. It's even worse than the 2.51 version. All AVIs crashed that version. At least 2.51 played some, although without audio. Some, audio only with blank video and many other varieties alike. I like 2.51 layout better too and overall, I'd say the 2.51 version is much better.

Like I said before this.

Well, there's been no replies and help from people except BALDRICK of course. Thank you, Baldrick. But the problem is not solved yet. Please guys, I don't want to resort to editing subs with multiple players, you know Subtitle Workshop for the subs and some player for the vids for the rest of my life. That's horrible.

PLEASE HELP, GUYS!
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try turn of windows 7 built in decoders with preferred filter tweaker and see how it works. ffdshow should be used then.

And ask also in http://www.urusoft.net/forum/viewforum.php?id=5
    Quote Quote